This is the easiest beet & goat cheese salad recipe and it’s perfect for beginners or first time hosts. It’s a terrific starter course for a winter dinner party and it goes together quickly. You’ll enjoy the combination of flavors and textures in this simple salad.
Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
I think I could eat a salad every day. In fact, a few years ago, when we were eating super healthy, I think I did!
I love the freshness of ingredients, the combination of flavors & textures, and the ease in which they are prepared. And when hosting and creating dinner party menu ideas I think it’s a solid go-to course to round out the meal.
I made this beet & goat cheese salad for this Greek themed dinner party, and it’s a great mix between the creaminess of the cheese, the crunchiness of the nuts, and the burst of flavor from the beets. Toss it with a light vinaigrette and it’s a fantastic starter to any sit down dinner.
How to Make a Simple Salad
If you’re a beginner cook or hostess, this is the salad recipe for you. It starts with ingredients that are already conveniently packaged. All you have to do is shop, and a little bit of cutting.
- Start with a bag of Spring Mix salad greens. They’re ready to plate and serve!
- Use sliced beets from a can. This is a big time saver for this salad, and they taste good! You’ll cut them into strips to make them easy to eat.
- Buy a small log of goat cheese and cut into crumbles.
- You can use whole or chopped walnuts and slightly toast them if you like. Just cook in the over at 375 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. This really brings out the flavor and aroma.
- The biggest tip for making this salad easy is to use ready-made dressing. Simple vinaigrette dressings taste great and there are a variety of flavors to choose from.
- If you want to make your own dressing you can combine 3 Tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar + 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard + 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil + salt & pepper to taste. Whisk vinegar and mustard together while slowly pouring in olive oil. OR put everything into a lidded jar and shake vigorously until combined.
More easy salad recipes
What are some of your favorite salad ingredients, and do you always serve a salad for entertaining? Would love to hear from you! Have a great day.
- Packaged salad greens
- 2-3 beets
- 3 oz log Goat Cheese
- Chopped Walnuts, lightly toasted
- Balsamic or Red Wine Vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel beets and cut them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the beets on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake beets for 20-30 minutes, until soft when you puncture with a fork.
- Layer greens on a serving platter or bowl. Add cooled beets, goat cheese, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Make your own dressing by combining 3 Tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste. Whisk together vinegar & mustard while slowly pouring in olive oil.