Get simple Thanksgiving tablescape ideas with this fall table décor. See how to create a simple table setting, easy centerpiece, and beautiful place settings for the holiday. Start planning now with all our Thanksgiving ideas.
Design a beautiful table for Thanksgiving that’s also perfect for a fall dinner party, using gray, gold, and deep rust colors.
Thanksgiving Tablescape Ideas
I’m sharing some simple ideas and tips for setting a Thanksgiving table that’s modern and easy to pull together.
This holiday tablescape is for all the busy hostesses out there who are working hard just to get recipes cooked in time and ready to fill the Thanksgiving table with food.
Simple Table Decoration
It’s easy to design a table when you start with neutral tones like gray, tan, black, or white. Then you can add whatever color you like, to add a pop of interest.
This table starts with gray and gets a pop of color with golden yellow tones. Simple flowers in natural autumn hues make a great Thanksgiving centerpiece and are easy to clear away when it’s time to serve the food.
If you have a beautiful wood table, why cover it with a tablecloth? Natural wood grain can be a beautiful design element and the rich dark finish of the table is a great base for elegant settings.
If you’re having a small Thanksgiving dinner at home, you can create a lovely fall centerpiece with minimal effort.
An easy way is to grab a bouquet of flowers and divide it among several small bud vases. This makes a fantastic last minute solution for ANY tablescape.
Place one to three floral stems in each vase and stagger them down the center of the table. You instantly have a modern minimalist centerpiece arrangement.
Follow these tips to build a Thanksgiving place setting in layers.
- Start with a rattan place mat to add natural texture to the table.
- Next, layer a darker tone dinner plate with a lighter tone salad plate to add contrast. You can pair up with another set of dishes and alternate each seat with a lighter dinner plate and darker salad plate. As a result, you get double the place settings while keeping it all coordinated.
- Use something creative for a place card. Here, we write names on a whole walnut shell. This imparts a seasonal element of nature.
- Break up the layers of dishes with a napkin in a complimentary color. Drape it in a free flowing fashion for chic simplicity.
- Use colorful vintage glassware and silverware to finish each place setting. This adds charm to modern table décor.
More Place Holder Ideas
I think the walnuts are so charming here, but you can use some of these other suggestions too. Just use a sharpie marker to write directly onto the item, or add a card.
- A fall leaf you’ve collected from the yard.
- A pinecone. You can stick a name card in between the woody scales.
- Tiny pumpkins.
- A whole pear or apple.
- DIY caramel apple place card that can double as a take-home party favor.
I love these Lucky Wishbones. Set out a bowl full of them so everyone can make a wish and pull it apart with another guest. That way, no fighting over the REAL one!
More Thanksgiving Table Settings
Get even more inspiration from these Thanksgiving tabletop settings.
- Elegant Thanksgiving table
- Neutral Thanksgiving tablescape
- Black & white tablescape for Thanksgiving
- Outdoor Thanksgiving table setting
- Traditional Thanksgiving table
- Thanksgiving kids table
So there are my tips and ideas for making a simple Thanksgiving tablescape special and fuss free.
If you like this post, PIN, Share, or sign up for our Newsletter at the top of the page. And don’t forget to follow CAH on Instagram or Facebook. Cheers!