Get Thanksgiving tablescape ideas for 2020 with this fall table décor. See how to create a simple table setting, easy centerpiece, and beautiful place settings for the holiday. Start planning now with all our Thanksgiving ideas.
Thanksgiving Tablescape ideas
This year your Thanksgiving celebration may be a little smaller, but that doesn’t mean it has to be any less beautiful!
I’m sharing some simple ideas and tips for setting a Thanksgiving table that’s modern and easy to pull together.
This holiday tablescape is for all the busy hostesses out there who are working hard just to get recipes cooked in time and ready to fill the Thanksgiving table with food.
Thanksgiving Table decor
It’s easy to design a Thanksgiving table setting when you start with a neutral tone like gray, tan, black, or white. Then you can add whatever color you like, to add a pop of interest.
This table starts with gray and gets a pop of color with golden yellow tones. Simple flowers in natural autumn hues make a great Thanksgiving centerpiece and are easy to clear away when it’s time to serve the food.
If you have a beautiful wood table, why cover it with a tablecloth? Natural wood grain can be a beautiful design element and the rich dark finish of the table is a great base for elegant settings.
Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece
If you’re having a small Thanksgiving dinner at home, you can create a lovely centerpiece with minimal effort.
An easy way is to grab a bouquet of flowers and divide it among several small bud vases. This makes a fantastic last minute solution for ANY tablescape.
Place one to three floral stems in each vase and stagger them down the center of the table. You instantly have a modern minimalist centerpiece arrangement.
Thanksgiving Place settings
Follow these tips to build a Thanksgiving place setting in layers.
- Start with a rattan place mat to add natural texture to the table.
- Next, layer a darker tone dinner plate with a lighter tone salad plate to add contrast.
- Use something creative for a place card. Here, we write names on a whole walnut shell. This imparts a seasonal element of nature.
- Break up the layers of dishes with a napkin in a complimentary color. Drape it in a free flowing fashion for chic simplicity.
- Use colorful vintage glassware and silverware to finish each place setting. This adds charm to modern table décor.
I love these Lucky Wishbones. Set out a bowl full of them so everyone can make a wish and pull it apart with another guest. That way, no fighting over the REAL one!
PARTY TIP: Let guests write down one thing they’re thankful for this year. Make it more fun by telling them it has to be something frivolous, because we know everyone is thankful for family, health, jobs, home, etc.
More Thanksgiving Table Settings
Get even more inspiration from these Thanksgiving tabletop settings.
- Neutral Thanksgiving tablescape
- Black & white tablescape for Thanksgiving
- Simple & elegant outdoor table setting
- Colorful Thanksgiving table
- Thanksgiving kids table
So there are my tips and suggestions for making a Thanksgiving tablescape special and fuss free. If you like it I hope you’ll PIN it and share with others, or leave us a sweet comment below.