These colorful Thanksgiving table ideas are filled with classic elements and vintage finds used in a modern mix. Give your holiday entertaining an update with these tips for adding color!
Colorful Thanksgiving table ideas
Hi guys! I’m sharing this year’s Thanksgiving table ideas and it’s all about color! I love the rich shades of Fall and in past years I’ve designed tables with blues, browns, and neutrals for the holiday; but this year I was inspired by the glorious colors of produce!
While I was creating this post about easy elegant hors d’oeuvres, I was inspired by the colorful foods I was using: tri-color carrots and tomatoes, baby squashes, and fresh figs. My color palette of purple, orange, gold, and green was born. I pulled together some of my vintage plates and glasses, paired them with the classics, and added in a centerpiece runner full of flowers, pumpkins and more.
Colorful Fall Tablescape
- The table setting has a relaxed feel as I’ve kept the table bare and used a burlap runner as a base. I didn’t use plate chargers, but layered colorful salad/dessert plates on top of my everyday whites. This makes cleanup a cinch because they can go right in the dishwasher.
- Place cards are super easy to create by printing out names and cutting into strips. I used a tiny hole punch at one end and then threaded a piece of wheat through the hole. Simple and chic!
- The centerpiece is the focal point of the table, and looks full and lush. I brought back an old idea filling glass cylinder vases with dried peas & lentils in green, red, and tan, and topped them with baby pumpkins. I also incorporated a couple of vases with mini pine cones and acorns inside.
- Low mini arrangements of flowers gives life and color to the table. Greenery is laid and tucked-in to create a garland effect, and mini pumpkins and baby corn are scattered about. With everything placed close together, all the separate items look like one continuous centerpiece.
- And finally, I’ve added a peek at the veggie appetizers that inspired it all. These are great for noshing on while waiting for the turkey to be done.
Let me know what you think of this year’s Thanksgiving table ideas.