These turkey wrapped apple & cheese appetizer bites are light, easy to put together, and taste great. These make a great appetizer for Thanksgiving entertaining and beyond. Get the details here.
These light appetizers are perfect to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner parties.
When you’re entertaining for the holidays, the food is usually rich and indulgent. These turkey wrapped apple & cheese appetizer bites are an excellent hors d’oeuvres to serve before the big meal. They’re light and they won’t fill you up!
These party bites look pretty displayed on a wooden board with decorative picks for handling. The crisp bite from the apple plus the saltiness of the cheese, and the addition of thin deli meat make this a great party appetizer. Perfect to serve at room temperature too!
Wrapped apple & cheese bites have several great qualities that make them an ideal party appetizer.
- These are make-ahead appetizers. Just cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- A great appetizer to serve at a dinner party. Light bites mean you won’t get full before the meal!
- A healthy addition to any appetizer or cocktail party.
- No fuss party food. Perfect at room temperature.
These are kind of like a bread-less sandwich. There are only 3 ingredients but the flavors blend so well together.
For a slightly different flavor use honey or smoked ham, or prosciutto to wrap the apple & cheese bites. In fact, a tray of all three varieties would give guests multiple choices.
Turkey Wrapped Apple & Cheese Appetizer Bites
- Crisp Red apple, cut into small wedges
- Sharp white cheddar, sliced into thin rectangles
- Deli style oven roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced
Layer a strip of cheese on to apple slice and wrap with deli meat.
Secure with a pick and set on a tray to enjoy.
TIP: Spritz or toss apple wedges with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown, OR you can purchase pre-sliced apples from the grocery store, which have already been treated.
*updated from September 2, 2015