If you want a quick and easy party food that’s light and delicious, these apple appetizers are the answer. With cheese and turkey deli meat, it’s like a charcuterie board in a single bite-size serving. This keto-friendly finger food is great at appetizer parties, luncheons, and bridal showers.
The fresh, crisp apple plus the saltiness of the cheese, and thin deli meat make this a delicious finger food for parties. Perfect to serve at room temperature with pretty picks to keep them together.
This savory recipe is less filling and can even help cleans your palate between bites of other snacks. Another great variation are these cold ham, cheese and fruit mini kabobs.
Why You’ll Love Them
These easy apple appetizer bites have several great qualities that make them ideal for parties and entertaining. Put them out for your Thanksgiving entertaining, or include them in girls night appetizers.
- They’re make-ahead appetizers. Just cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- A great appetizer to serve at a theme dinner party. Light bites mean you won’t get full before the meal!
- A healthy addition to any appetizer or cocktail party.
- No cooking or baking means they’re a no-fuss party food. Perfect at room temperature.
- These are kind of like a sandwich without the bread, making them ideal for a keto-friendly lifestyle.
- There are only 3 ingredients but the flavors blend so well together. You can add them to your party cheese board.
Apple Appetizers with Cheese & Turkey
This post contains affiliate links.
All you need are these three simple ingredients to make fall appetizers for a party or holiday gathering.
- Crisp red apples – I like Roma or Gala apples for this because they’re a medium size, they’re crisp, and lightly sweet. Cut them into small wedges using this tool to make it quick and simple.
- Sharp white cheddar cheese – use an 8-ounce block and sliced into thin rectangles.
- Deli turkey breast – use oven-roasted deli-style sandwich meat that’s thinly sliced.
- Layer a piece of cheese on top of apple slice and wrap with the turkey slice.
- Secure with a food pick and set on a tray to enjoy.
You can change things up for a slightly different flavor with these substitutions
- Use honey ham for a bit more sweetness.
- Smoked turkey will add rustic smoky flavor.
- Prosciutto can give these an Italian spin.
- You can use thin deli-style chicken slices.
- Use pears instead of apples.
- Use slices of Gouda cheese instead of cheddar.
- Cut thin slices of brie for a classic pairing.
In fact, a tray of several different varieties would give guests multiple choices!
- 2 red apples
- 16 pieces thin-sliced deli turkey
- 1 8-ounce block white cheddar cheese
- lemon juice to spritz sliced apples with
- Slice each apple into 8 wedges, for a total of 16 pieces. Spray or dip into lemon juice to keep apple from browning.
- Cut block of cheese into 16 rectangle pieces.
- Lay cheese on top of apple slice and wrap with a turkey slice.
- Secure with a toothpick or party pick and serve.