Wrapped apple appetizer bites are light, easy to put together, and taste great.
If you’re entertaining and you’ll be indulging in something sweet and rich at the end of a meal, you can start out with something a little lighter. These wrapped apple appetizer bites are an excellent choice as they won’t fill you up before the big meal! These would be terrific during the autumn holidays like Thanksgiving, or for an apple themed party.
They look pretty displayed on a wooden board with decorative picks for handling. There’s also versatility here as you could use different meats like prosciutto or sweet ham. I used sharp white cheddar because it’s a natural cheese that contains a minimal amount of lactose. The crisp bite from the apple, plus the saltiness of the cheese, and the addition of meat make this a great party appetizer. Perfect to serve at room temperature too!
These are kind of like a bread-less sandwich. There are only 3 ingredients but the flavors blend so well together. This may be a new favorite of mine.
Wrapped Apple Appetizer Bites
- Red apple, cut into small wedges
- Sharp white cheddar, sliced into thin rectangles
- Deli style oven roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced
Layer a strip of cheese on to apple slice and wrap with deli meat.
Secure with a pick and set on a tray to enjoy.
TIP: Spritz or toss apple wedges with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown, OR you can purchase pre-sliced apples from the grocery store.
As I mentioned above, these apple bites have so many great things going for them:
- Make ahead appetizers. Just cover and refrigerate until you’re party-ready.
- A great appetizer to serve when entertaining. Light bites mean you won’t get full!
- A healthier addition to an appetizer or cocktail party.
- No fuss. Perfect at room temperature.