These ham & cheese phyllo cups are a terrific party appetizer or brunch food. These small bites are a crowd please’r and I’ve been serving them for years. These are the perfect addition to your list of easy party appetizers for girls night in too. Make a batch or two the next time you’re entertaining at home.
Phyllo Shell Appetizers with Ham and Cheese
Serve ham and cheese cups for brunch, girls night in, and cocktail parties
If you like easy and delicious appetizers then these ham & cheese phyllo cups are for you! These bite-sized cups are terrific for brunch, or for cocktail hour. I think any time you combine ham and cheese it’s going to be good. After all it’s a classic combo.
When to serve these appetizer cups
Here are some party ideas where you may want to serve these appetizers
HOSTESS TIP: Don’t have phyllo cups? Use slices of french bread and make ham & cheese crostini. Just spread the mixture on top and bake as directed.
Can I make these appetizers ahead?
These are fantastic make-ahead party food. You can make the filling mixture a day or two ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to fill the fillo cups. This works particularly well if you’re serving these for brunch entertaining. The pastry cups need no preparation as they can go from freezer to oven or room temperature.
HOSTESS TIP: Make the filling ahead of time and cover and store it in the refrigerator for a day or two.
I’m a big fan of these little frozen fillo cups because they’re so convenient and easy to use. The crunchy shell adds great texture to anything you want to put inside. This recipe can be serve warm from the oven, but also holds up well at room temperature for easy entertaining.
Easy recipe for brunch entertaining
- Add them to a late night breakfast party buffet.
- Put them on a beautiful brunch table.
- Serve them at a black & gold bridal shower or baby shower.
If you’re interested in making your own phyllo cups from dough sheets you can watch this video.
- 1 package frozen phyllo cups (15)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or cheese blend (best results if you shred your own cheese)
- 2 slices baked ham, diced
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- dried or fresh chives to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and place phyllo cups on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, ham, and chives.
- Spoon mixture by the tablespoon, into phyllo cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese filling is melted.
Spread the filling mixture on slices of french bread to make ham & cheese crostini. Bake as directed.