I have a great “transitional” recipe to share with you today. This bean and corn salsa is one of those all-purpose dips that’s great for summer cookouts as well as fall tailgating.
I acquired this recipe from a neighbor at a backyard cookout years ago, and it’s positively addictive. It’s easy to make, but be sure to make it ahead of time so the flavors can fully blend together. The result is a pretty, chunky blend of crunch and flavor. If you love chips and salsa, try this version!
Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 can black-eyed peas – drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans – drained & rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn – drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes – do not drain
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 – 8oz. bottle Italian salad dressing
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Save this recipe now or PIN it for later!