Host an Apple Themed Autumn Engagement Party for a special couple. This “apple of my eye” harvest theme has tons of inspiration and ideas. See the apple details here.
A fall engagement party for a couple has so many possibilities when it come to theme, food, decor, and colors. It’s harvest season for many fruits, vegetables, and gourds, and the colors are rich and sumptuous.
I designed this apple themed autumn engagement party with a palette of red, gold, and brown. It’s a classic combination and works so well for the season.
I chose the apple theme because I could do such a fun play on words relating back to a couple in love. Thanks to James Linkowitz Photography and Little Bean Boutique, for their contributions with photography and paper goods. I’ve outlined the details and thoughts behind the design, below.
This bash has apple themed party food, apple themed favors, and apple themed signs that are great for any fall harvest celebration.
Apple themed Autumn Engagement Party Ideas:
- The design was inspired by crisp red apples and the idea of tying in the concept of “picking” apples, and “picking” a mate. Most of the decorative details are hand made and provide a balance of masculine and feminine.
- The printable signs were a key part of conveying the concept with special puns. A framed sign reads, “he Picked her, she Picked him;” a small card on the table reads, “you’re the Apple of my eye;” favor jars of apple butter had a label which said, “we Picked this just for you,” and baskets of apples invite guests to “take your Pick“ and carry home. Each place setting also had a caramel dipped apple…yum!
- A key focal point was the burlap backdrop with a manzanita branch attached, and faux apples hanging from the “apple tree.”
- Mini apple pies with the cutest fabric & lace flag picks are available for dessert, and of course apple cider is on the menu.
- Prepare a signature cocktail with a pitcher full of this apple pie cocktail recipe and let guests serve themselves.
- Guests can take home small jars of apple butter that have these cute printable labels on top. You can serve these brie party appetizer cups with apple butter & bacon alongside so guests can get a sample of what the jars taste like.
- Swags of lace, and banners made of twine, felt leaves, and paper circles were draped around the area to tie in to the lace details & leaf glass cover on the dining table.