Candy corn snack mix is quick and easy to make for Fall and Halloween parties. The delicious combination of peanuts and candy corn tastes just like a PayDay candy bar! Add this sweet and salty mix to all your seasonal gatherings.
This candy corn snack mix is a quick and easy sweet & salty treat for grownups and kids alike. Every fall I like to make a batch of this mix and keep it in a bowl so we can grab a small hand full when we want.
This recipe makes a terrific Halloween snack mix for a kids Halloween dessert table. You can serve it in small black tins as party favors for guests to take home.
The truth is I don’t love candy corn by itself. But this combination of ingredients tastes just like a Payday candy bar!
The recipe is so simple it just comes down to getting the right ratio of salty peanuts to sweet candy corn. And you can make a batch as big or small as you like.
How to make it
You only need two ingredients to make candy corn party mix.
Candy Corn – use the classic flavor and shape for all your fall menus. Candy corn pretty much tastes like vanilla and when it’s paired with the nuts, it tastes like a PayDay bar.
Peanuts – this is where you can tailor the mix to your liking by using cocktail peanuts or dry roasted peanuts. I’ve used both and they’re equally delicious. I don’t necessarily recommend using unsalted peanuts though, because it’s the sweet & salty combination that makes this recipe work. However, if you want to try it, go for it!
I like the ratio to be about 2 to 1, salty to sweet. That just means whatever measure of candy corn I use, I double the amount for the peanuts. That’s because the candy corn flavor has more intensity than the nuts. The 2 to 1 ratio helps balance that out.
PARTY TIP: Substitute cashews in place of peanuts for a different taste.
Easy snack mix for parties
- Make as much of this snack mix as you want and put it in several small serving bowls around the party space. Place a bowl on the bar, on the food buffet, on side tables, etc.
- Add a small scoop to the bowls so guests can easily scoop out what they need, without putting their hands in community containers.
- Pre-fill individual party cups for single servings that guests can grab-and-go.
- Make party favors by filling paper sacks, cellophane bags, small boxes, food tins, or other small containers guests can take home.
More snack mix recipes
- This sweet & salty snack mix is one of my favorites!
- Turn this sweet Chex mix into a fall theme by using orange colored candies. Add black and orange candies for a Halloween theme.
- I love the flavors and textures in this Halloween party snack mix. I call it “kitty kibble” for a fun name.
- If you’re not in the mood for sweet, try this savory snack mix instead.
- Try my easy popcorn snack mix for tailgating and football parties.
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 3 cups peanuts
- Combine candy and nuts in a bowl and mix until well integrated.