Candy corn snack mix is quick and easy to make for Fall and Halloween parties. The delicious combination of peanuts and candy corn tastes just like a PayDay candy bar! Add this sweet and salty mix to all your seasonal gatherings.
This candy corn snack mix is a quick and easy sweet & salty treat for grownups and kids alike. Every fall I like to make a batch of this mix and keep it in a bowl so we can grab a small hand full when we want.
This recipe makes a terrific Halloween snack mix for a kids Halloween dessert table. You can serve it in small black tins as party favors for guests to take home.
The truth is I don’t love candy corn by itself. But this combination of ingredients tastes just like a Payday candy bar!
The recipe is so simple it just comes down to getting the right ratio of salty peanuts to sweet candy corn. And you can make a batch as big or small as you like.
How to make it
You only need two ingredients to make candy corn party mix.
Candy Corn – use the classic flavor and shape for all your fall menus. Candy corn pretty much tastes like vanilla and when it’s paired with the nuts, it tastes like a PayDay bar.
Peanuts – this is where you can tailor the mix to your liking by using cocktail peanuts or dry roasted peanuts. I’ve used both and they’re equally delicious. I don’t necessarily recommend using unsalted peanuts though, because it’s the sweet & salty combination that makes this recipe work. However, if you want to try it, go for it!
I like the ratio to be about 2 to 1, salty to sweet. That just means whatever measure of candy corn I use, I double the amount for the peanuts. That’s because the candy corn flavor has more intensity than the nuts. The 2 to 1 ratio helps balance that out.
PARTY TIP: Substitute cashews in place of peanuts for a different taste.
Easy snack mix for parties
- Make as much of this snack mix as you want and put it in several small serving bowls around the party space. Place a bowl on the bar, on the food buffet, on side tables, etc.
- Add a small scoop to the bowls so guests can easily scoop out what they need, without putting their hands in community containers.
- Pre-fill individual party cups for single servings that guests can grab-and-go.
- Make party favors by filling paper sacks, cellophane bags, small boxes, food tins, or other small containers guests can take home.
More snack mix recipes
- This sweet & salty snack mix is one of my favorites!
- Turn this sweet Chex mix into a fall theme by using orange colored candies. Add black and orange candies for a Halloween theme.
- I love the flavors and textures in this Halloween party snack mix. I call it “kitty kibble” for a fun name.
- If you’re not in the mood for sweet, try this savory snack mix instead.
- Try my easy popcorn snack mix for tailgating and football parties.
If you like this post, PIN, Share, or sign up for our Newsletter at the top of the page. And don’t forget to follow CAH on Instagram or Facebook. Cheers!
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 3 cups peanuts
- Combine candy and nuts in a bowl and mix until well integrated.