This herb seasoned Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe is easy to make and tastes terrific. Add this to your Thanksgiving entertaining or Christmas dinner menu. No more basting and tying up the oven for hours when you have this recipe at hand!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
You guys I’m really excited about this recipe! One of our favorite food bloggers, Your Home Based Mom, has just released her new cookbook, Holiday Slow Cooker. And all the recipes look fantastic and easy!
She sent me a copy to check out so I made this herb-rubbed turkey breast in the crock pot. I’m not sure I’ll ever cook another whole turkey in the oven!
I should probably explain why I’m so thrilled with this recipe. Partly because I don’t like cooking a full turkey in the oven. It never tastes ‘amazing’ and it’s never super moist.
Secondly, we’re often celebrating with a small group due to schedules and travel distances so we don’t need a full size bird.
This slow cooker turkey breast remedies ALL that and more!
Easy Entree for a Dinner Party
Make this turkey breast if you’re new to hosting, or you have a small group of six to feed. It’s terrific for a Friendsgiving Thanksgiving party.
- Make this when you want to serve a small gathering.
- If you’re a newlywed and this is your first attempt at cooking for the holiday; this recipe is foolproof.
- If you’re hosting a crowd and already making a traditional turkey, make this in addition for extra white meat.
This turkey came out moist and delicious. I would even make it for a weekly family meal, not just for holiday gatherings.
The rest of the book is filled with terrific slow cooker recipes for holidays throughout the year. I also made the sausage-cornbread dressing from it and it was also a winner! Grab a copy of the Holiday Slow Cooker cookbook here.
What to serve with Turkey
Complete your holiday meal with these side dishes. They all have a little twist on traditional.
- Curried pumpkin soup shots with stuffing balls are an excellent starter.
- This fruit & nut wild rice is tasty, but our wild rice dressing is made for Thanksgiving!
- Another alternative is this wild rice with bacon & vegetables.
- Why serve green bean casserole when you can have this delicious broccoli casserole instead?
- Here’s one of the easiest homemade macaroni & cheese recipes you can make.
- This marinated green bean salad adds a light alternative to casseroles.
- 3 pound boneless turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix together the butter, basil, thyme, garlic, salt & pepper.
- If your breast has the skin on, loosen it and rub butter mixture between the skin and the meat.
- If your turkey breast is skinless, just rub the butter on top of the meat. Work it under the mesh trussing if there is one.
- Add broth to slow cooker and place turkey breast inside.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.