This easy bean and corn salsa is an all-purpose dip that’s great for summer cookouts as well as fall tailgating and game day parties.
I have a great “transitional” recipe to share with you today.
I acquired this salsa recipe from a neighbor at a backyard cookout years ago, and it’s positively addictive. It’s easy to make, but be sure to make it ahead of time so the flavors can fully blend together. The result is a pretty, chunky blend of crunch and flavor. If you love chips and pico de gallo, try this bean and corn salsa!
Dare I say this recipe is somewhat healthy? It’s full of fiber from the vegetables, and I always rinse my canned veggies to remove any salt from processing. You can cut the fat by using a light dressing instead of the regular version, too. This chunky salsa also tastes good over rice, and with fish.
Easy Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 can black-eyed peas – drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans – drained & rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn – drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes – do not drain
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 – 8oz. bottle Italian salad dressing
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Sign up for the latest via Email