by Rebekah Dempsey
Rebekah here from A Blissful Nest and today I wanted to share with you a special little play date we had for Lauren and some of her school friends. Giving a theme to your play date is so much fun for the kids. They get to have activities that are unique and fun besides getting together to play with friends. For this particular play date we went with a vintage feel with some fun shabby chic accents.
- I painted a sign that will now hang in Lauren’s room to match our pink, yellow and green theme and used some pieces from our home as accents A vintage chair I have had in my family for years and this little picture frame were perfect for this little area. I made custom water bottle wraps to tie in our theme.
- Colored mason jars from Camlie Inc. were used for the kids lemonade with cute little striped straws and flags. I think the kids loved drinking out of these!
- In a separate area next to the play ground we set up a little baking/sweet treat table.
- The treats were very simple since this was a play date and not a birthday party. Lemon and raspberry cupcakes with edible toppers and party circles along with a lemon cake were perfect for the kids and mommies to snack on.
- Of course the fan favorite was the cake pops and we had these one customized with little flowers to match our paper decorations.
- We had party hats for each of our guests too! One of the little ones was having her birthday that week so we put her name on them to celebrate a little.
- I used an old cheese crate to hold some play date favors for the kids to take home.
My little one had such a great time and it was the perfect way to kick off the summer! Our Lemonade Stand Collection is available in our shop.
Styling/Party Printable Decorations: A Blissful Nest / Photography: Nicole Benitez Photography / Fondant lemons on Cake/Fondant Cupcake Toppers: Edible Details / Cake Pops: KCreative / Striped Straws: Shop Sweet Lulu / Colored Mason Jars: Camlie Inc. / Poms: The Flair Exchange / Girl’s Skirt: Sweet Threads Clothing Co. / Girl’s Necklace: The Sweet Crush / Girl’s Headband: Birdie Baby Boutique