These Summer Dinner Party Tabletop ideas will inspire you to host a fun gathering with friends. Whether it’s your first party as a newlywed, or you’re a seasoned hostess, these recipes, ideas, and DIY projects will guide you. And for more inspiration check out our summer entertaining ideas.
It’s been a while since I’ve created anything as bright and colorful as this summer dinner party tablescape. When I partnered with Cricut to create some easy DIY projects for a dinner party though, I knew I wanted to do something with vivid colors. I came across these red & aqua patterned plates and instantly found my inspiration.
I envision this summer tablescape surrounded by young couples, possible newlyweds hosting their first dinner party. The colors and patterns are vibrant and modern, the menu is easy, and the DIY projects are user-friendly. I used my new Cricut Explore Air 2 to do all the work.
Make these mini Caprese Bites:
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese “pearls”
- fresh basil
- cucumber, sliced
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
Summer Dinner Party Tabletop ideas
- As I mentioned, I found the blue and red melamine plates at Tuesday Morning and used them to inspire the rest of my design. I had the red fabric in my collection and the patterns coordinated well together.
TIP: All you need is a yard and a half of fabric to make a great table topper! No sewing required.
- Large tea towels from IKEA make terrific napkins, and melamine drink ware adds more pops of color. Place settings are set on a foundation of rattan place mats and classic white dinner plates.
- To help personalize this dinner party I made my signature menu card/conversation card set using my Cricut Explore Air 2. See how to make these diy layered menu cards here.
- Each guest gets color coordinating party favors in the form of small jars filled with taffy, and tied with a name tag that doubles as a place card. The tags and cheese markers are both part of the same design I used for the menu cards.
- One of my favorite custom details that can be made with my Cricut machine is the vinyl adhesives. I made this cute “Cheers!” decal to apply to my pitcher of red wine sangria. I love how the white vinyl lettering pops against the red beverage.
- The dinner menu is delicious and simple to make. Small caprese bites are light and tasty served alongside a small cheese board featuring some of my favorite Sartori cheeses. The main course is my bbq brushed plank grilled salmon, and corn salad.
- To end things on a sweet note, serve these amazing strawberry angel food cream desserts. The red & white color fits in flawlessly!
The DIY projects would not have been possible without my new Cricut Explore Air 2. I love that I can write and cut interesting shapes to create menus, tags, and more.
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Cheers!
I was invited to participate in the Cricut Party Blogger Program Kickoff.
This experiecne is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company or PR agency and I have given my honest opinion.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.