These Summer Dinner Party Tabletop ideas will inspire you to host a fun gathering with friends. Whether it’s your first party as a newlywed, or you’re a seasoned hostess, these recipes, ideas, and DIY projects will guide you. And for more inspiration check out our summer entertaining ideas.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Summer Dinner Party Ideas
It’s been a while since I’ve created anything as bright and colorful as this summer dinner party tablescape. When I partnered with Cricut to create some easy DIY projects for a dinner party though, I knew I wanted to do something with vivid colors. I came across these red & aqua patterned plates and instantly found my inspiration.
I envision this summer tablescape surrounded by young couples, possible newlyweds hosting their first dinner party. The colors and patterns are vibrant and modern, the menu is easy, and the DIY projects are user-friendly. I used my new Cricut Explore Air 2 to do all the work.
Make these mini Caprese Bites:
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese “pearls”
- fresh basil
- cucumber, sliced
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
Summer Dinner Party Menu
- Make a pitcher of red wine sangria. I added white vinyl lettering to the glass pitcher and love how it pops against the red beverage.
- Small caprese bites are light and tasty served alongside a small cheese board featuring some of my favorite Sartori cheeses.
- The main course is my bbq brushed plank grilled salmon,
- This summer corn salad recipe is fantastic with the salmon.
- To end things on a sweet note, serve these amazing strawberry angel food cream desserts. The red & white color fits in with the color theme!
Summer Tablescape ideas
- As I mentioned, I found the blue and red melamine plates at Tuesday Morning and used them to inspire the rest of the design. I had the red fabric in my collection and the patterns coordinate well together.
PARTY TIP: All you need is a yard and a half of fabric to make a great table topper! No sewing required.
- Large tea towels from IKEA make terrific napkins, and melamine drink ware adds more pops of color.
- A foundation of rattan place mats and classic white dinner plates make a lovely place setting.
- To help personalize a dinner party make my signature diy layered menu cards set which includes conversation starters and a menu.
- Give each guest a color coordinating party favor. Fill small jars with taffy and tie on a name tag that doubles as a place card.
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Cheers!