Plan a Hot Dog Roast for your summer entertaining, father’s day, and beyond with these ideas and recipes. Now it’s even easier with duraflame® Campfire Roasting Logs. This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.
Are you busy making plans for summer? One thing you should add to your list is to plan a hot dog roast and cook hot dogs over an open fire…just like you did as a kid! The difference is, now duraflame® Campfire Roasting Logs make it safe and easier to do.
We did this family party for Memorial Day, but it’s also a great idea for summer gatherings, and Father’s Day. It was quick and simple to set up since cooking the hot dogs is part of the fun. All I had to do was make a side dish ahead of time, and put out a few more items to round out the menu.
PIN this post
Plan a fun Hot Dog Roast for your next summer party!
- This party plan is casual entertaining at it’s best. I set the table with melamine dishes and a paper runner that looks like news print.
- I decided to forego a formal centerpiece and make the hot dog toppings the “centerpiece” instead. A plank board placed in the middle of the tables acts as a tray to hold all the bowls of toppings including ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, onions, pickle relish, shredded cheddar, and homemade chili.
- To accompany the hot dog roast I made this delicious savory & sweet broccoli salad, and my favorite blue cheese & balsamic kettle chips. The chips are served on a wooden cutting board, and make a terrific snack to munch on before dinner.
- For dessert, I made chocolate pizzelle ice cream sandwiches that taste just like Oreo ice cream sandwiches! So Good!
- Everything can be done ahead so you have plenty of time to relax and get ready before the party. Once guests arrive you can light your duraflame® Campfire Roasting Logs and everyone can cook their own hot dog. It’s so much fun to do and makes for a lively gathering spot.
- And don’t forget, you can use them for roasting marshmallows and making S’mores too! The logs are specifically made for cooking food and are a biobased product.
Summer gatherings and summer entertaining doesn’t have to be complicated. Just follow my tips and you’ll be ready to go. Cheers!