Plan a hot dog roast for summer parties or 4th of July with these ideas and recipes. Host a casual cookout where hot dogs are the main attraction and let guests roast them over an open fire or grill them up. These party ideas are great for summer entertaining at home.
Summer Hot Dog Roast
Are you busy making plans for summer? One thing you should add to your list is to plan a hot dog roast and cook hot dogs over an open fire…just like you did as a kid!
The difference is, now you can use duraflame® Campfire Roasting Logs to make it safe and easier to do.
This is a terrific family party for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, or any weekend gathering. It’s quick and simple to set up since cooking the hot dogs is part of the fun.
All I had to do was make a side dish ahead of time, and put out a few more items to round out the menu.
Easy Summer party
- This party plan is casual entertaining at it’s best. I set the table with melamine dishes and a paper runner that looks like news print.
- I decided to forego a formal centerpiece and make the hot dog toppings the “centerpiece” instead. A plank board placed in the middle of the tables acts as a tray to hold all the bowls of toppings including ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, onions, pickle relish, shredded cheddar, and homemade chili.
- Step you your hot dog toppings game with these cookout party ideas and topping recipes.
- To accompany the hot dog roast I made this delicious savory & sweet broccoli salad, and my favorite blue cheese & balsamic kettle chips. The chips are served on a wooden cutting board, and make a terrific snack to munch on before dinner.
- For dessert, I made chocolate pizzelle ice cream sandwiches that taste just like Oreo ice cream sandwiches! So Good!
- Everything can be done ahead so you have plenty of time to relax and get ready before the party. Once guests arrive you can light your fire and everyone can cook their own hot dog. It’s so much fun to do and makes for a lively gathering spot.
- And don’t forget, you can use them for roasting marshmallows and making S’mores too! The logs are specifically made for cooking food and are a bio-based product.
Summer gatherings and summer entertaining doesn’t have to be complicated. Just follow my tips and you’ll be ready to go. Cheers!