Slow Cooker White Chili with Chicken & Sausage is a delicious fall or winter meal, and perfect for casual entertaining at home. Make a batch and serve for game day or for a soup dinner party. Add this to a chili bar with toppings for a cozy party at home.
In the cooler months, I love using my Crock Pot for meals, and this slow cooker chili with chicken & sausage hits the spot all season long! I first introduced this in my tailgate party ideas, with a very cute serving suggestion. However, the recipe was published on the old Celebrations website which no longer exists, so I thought this is a good time to share it here.
If you’re already thinking about your big game day party then this is a good item to add to your list. You could also make this to add to a soup bar party for entertaining a crowd. That’s the beauty of the slow cooker – it makes entertaining at home so easy!
This white chili recipe is a fantastic meal for entertaining guests in the fall and winter months.
Use lean ground turkey and low fat sausage to lighten up this chili. You will still get lots of flavor but less fat. I also try to use low sodium varieties when I cook with those seasoning packets. I’ve never noticed any difference in flavor but the salt content is less.
If you add fresh baked french bread and a salad you’ll have a terrific well-rounded meal. It’s great for weeknight dinner for the family or for when you’re hosting overnight guests. Pick up a dessert from the bakery for a no-fuss finish.
I think this chili tastes best when it’s topped with a little sour cream, shredded cheese, and fresh cilantro.
- 1 pound lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 2 packets white chili seasoning pouch
- Cook the ground chicken and sausage over medium-low heat, breaking it up as it cooks through.
- Add chopped onion so it can cook with the meat. Drain and add to a slow cooker.
- Add beans, corn, chilies, flavoring packets, and 3 cups water.
- Place lid on top and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
Alternatively, you can add the raw chicken and sausage to the slow cooker, along with the other ingredients and mix it up well by hand. Cook it as directed.
This will render a chili with a much finer texture in the meats, but saves the pre-cooking step.