Our homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe is crispy and delicious. Make them for parties and holidays, or package them as hostess gifts along with a recipe card attached.
Crispy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
These cookies are especially nice to bake during the holidays because the recipe makes so many cookies. Bake these for your Christmas cookie exchange party or to give as gifts. Check out the cute diy gifting idea I have for you at the bottom.
I’ve made these cookies several times and have a couple of notes to add. The recipe calls for 3 cups of oats, but I’ve also made them with 2 cups after realizing I didn’t have enough on hand. They turned out just fine! Also, the yield says 4 dozen cookies but I think my last count was in the 60’s so….depends how large you make them.
Give these homemade cookies out for hostess gifts, or gifts for neighbors, teachers, or friends.
How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you like this cookie combination you’ll love our chocolate chip oatmeal bars recipe!
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- quick oats or old fashioned oats
- mini chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Add eggs & vanilla and continue to beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt and mix well. Add the oats & chocolate chips to the mix and combine.
- Drop dough by the teaspoonful onto an non-greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they’re light golden brown.
- 1 stick plus 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed with electric mixer, until creamy.
- Add eggs & vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt; mix well.
- Add oats & chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop dough by the teaspoonful onto an non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
Great last minute gift idea
If you still have last minute gifts to give to hostesses, co-workers, friends, or helpers don’t go to the mall; go to your grocery store and get the ingredients to make this delicious homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. What’s more is you can also get the ‘gift packaging’ at the grocery store too!
TIP: These easy chocolate dipped biscotti also makes a great gift idea for the holidays.
- For the gift container, use the mini size canisters that nuts or Pringles chips come in. Empty it out and wipe down the inside with a damp cloth. Wrap the outside with scrapbook paper or wrapping paper, print out a circle gift tag to apply to the lid, and tie with pretty ribbon. Bake your cookies small enough to fit inside the container and stack them up.
- Give the recipe card along with the gift so the recipient can re-live the sugary goodness all through the year. To make it easy for you just right click and save the recipe card below, and then print it out on your computer. Everyone love gifts of good taste!