An elegant Green & Gold Christmas Tablescape for holiday dinner party entertaining. This table setting is beautiful and includes a Christmas dinner menu to serve. See all the table decoration ideas and get recipes here.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Elegant Christmas Table Setting
Isn’t it funny how we can find decorating inspiration in the most curious places? This year’s green & gold Christmas tablescape was inspired by wine!
Last month while grocery shopping on a Saturday (something I never do), the store just happened to have wine sampling for the upcoming holidays. Don’t you just love it when grocery shopping turns into happy hour? LOL
After tasting several of the wines I HAD to buy a bottle of this Kim Crawford Souvignon Blanc to serve for Thanksgiving. The bonus is that the bottle is a beautiful gold and green, and motivated me to create a Christmas tablescape using those colors.
This holiday tablescape is traditional and elegant and could even be used for Thanksgiving or a fancy St. Patrick’s day party.
I would describe this Christmas table setting as slightly formal. I say “slightly” because I always break the rules. The utensils are placed strategically to fit into the space, instead of following the traditional layout.
That’s the beauty of creating and designing – you can do it your way, and have fun with it!
Green & Gold Christmas Tablescape
I love the combination of green and gold because I think it’s a bit unexpected. I mean we see gold paired with pink, black, white, etc., but the green is unique. It’s elegant for the holidays though, and would fit into a multitude of styles. I’ve always considered green a neutral color since it’s the color of nature.
- I layered my modern gold-trimmed dishes with my vintage green glass salad plates. Nothing looks better on a table than layers and layers of dishes! I also added vintage salt cellars at each place setting, filled with sea salt and black pepper. I just love adding vintage touches to a modern table setting.
- Paper place mats take the place of a tablecloth and provide a pretty gold and white base for each place setting.
- The centerpiece runner is created with foraged evergreen clippings, some magnolia leaves from the floral shop, and gold candlesticks and Christmas ornaments. I love the golden underside of the magnolia leaves. They fit so naturally into this green & gold Christmas tablescape.
- I used vintage plates as “wine coasters” to place bottles of wine at each end of the table.
PARTY TIP: Use dishes and serving pieces in unexpected ways. For example, use small appetizer plates or saucers as wine bottle coasters. Or, serve champagne party punch from a soup tureen.
Christmas Dinner Menu
Here’s a fancy dinner menu that’s actually easy to make.
- Serve my salmon with red pepper coulis, as the entree.
- This delicious butternut squash & baby kale salad is divine and the colors match the table!
- Add savory rosemary & Parmesan bread pudding as a hearty side dish.
- For dessert serve my classic southern chocolate chess pie or this indulgent Kahlúa pecan pie.
More Christmas Tables
- This gorgeous natural Christmas tablescape is cozy and family friendly.
- Another Christmas dinner party table and menu.
- Here’s a modern-classic red and white Christmas tablescape plus brunch menu.
- Set a pink and white Christmas table setting for ladies night.
- Here’s a colorful table setting for a girls night in holiday party.
- This music theme Christmas table incorporates vintage sheet music details.
I hope you’re inspired by this year’s Christmas tablescape. Cheers!