These Christmas centerpiece ideas are perfect to make your festive holiday tablescape complete. Made with tiered cake stands and items you probably already have, they are gorgeous and just as fun to look at as they are to make!
Christmas centerpiece decorations
It’s time to pull out the decorations and begin setting the table! Make an easy centerpiece by using things you already have, or can easily DIY.
Start with a tiered cake stand. You probably already have one, or you can easily craft one by stacking a plate on a base.
PARTY TIP: Turn a bowl upside down, or use a large cylinder vase and add adhesive dots to adhere the plate to it.
Use a wire or metal stand from the home goods store. These are great because they have an edge that holds the decoration in place.
Top Tips For A Christmas Centerpiece
- Add festive ornaments: Add pretty ornaments in modern color combinations or vintage ornaments in soft hues. This is a terrific solution for a cheap Christmas centerpiece. Mini ornaments combined with larger ones make for plenty of visual interest.
- Tuck in some greenery: You can add some greenery or ribbon for an accent. Use evergreen clippings from your own back yard or common area.
- Create a combination: Using a tiered stand allows you to combine elements for a unique Christmas arrangement. Place a small bouquet of flowers on the top tier, and add ornaments or candles on the bottom tier.
- Don’t forget the presents: Displaying tiny wrapped gifts also makes a pretty presentation. Great way to hold party favors too! Get creative with the wrapping to make it more interesting. You can add tiny presents in matching or similar wrapping paper, or make them bright and fun by picking a theme. Why not try bright pinks, greens, and blues or shades of red, green, and gold? Make your centerpiece more modern with black and red or black and white.
- Or just keep it simple! For a more simple centerpiece, just add greenery from the Christmas tree trimmings, and pinecones from the yard for a natural look; or set tea lights on each level for a candelabra effect.
Where to use unique Christmas centerpiece ideas
Use your tiered centerpiece for a Christmas party or dinner party.
Set it at one end of a Christmas buffet table, or place it in the center with food and drink on each side.
Use silver, gold, and black ornaments for a New Years centerpiece.
More Centerpiece & Tablescape Ideas
- Natural Christmas Tablescape with Evergreens, Pomanders, & Plaid
- Christmas Dinner Party Menu & Tablescape
- Kids Christmas Table Red & Green Setting
- White & Pink Christmas Tablescape for a Ladies Night Dinner Party