I have some 4th of July party inspiration for you today, filled with simple ideas and easy-going style. It all started with printables from Squared Party Printables that were printed on parchment paper to give it that aged, vintage look. From there I used items on hand to create a display that guests will love, but not be afraid to touch. I love this Stars & Stripes set because it’s so classic and easy to work with.
I set up a dessert table featuring cookies from Casey’s Confections and other homemade goodies, along with a “fun & games” section with retro style games & a copy of the U.S. Constitution. Check out all the details…
Here are my takeaway tips:
- The dessert table display always starts with an idea for the backdrop. Here I used an empty frame and attached upholstery backing to hang the printable banner with small clothes pins. Almost every printable set has a banner included, but you don’t always have to attach it with ribbon and hang it from side to side. Get creative and figure out a new way to hang it, like I did here.
- Like I’ve blogged about before, it’s best to add variety to the desserts you offer. Here I have designer cookies, mini pies, a show-stopping trifle, and chocolate lava cakes. There are many flavors and textures to please every palate.
- Dress up mini pies with star shaped cutouts to add to the theme.
- Using a printable set ties everything together, especially in an eclectic display like this vintage-inspired one.
PIN this post
More tips for adding “fun”:
- In order to keep the sweets table uncluttered, I set drinks in a wire basket on a small bench. Flip top bottles hold red punch and are wrapped with the printable bottle wrappers. You can fill these bottles with fruit punch for the kids, or “adult” punch for the grown ups.
- Cute “fire cracker” favors are displayed with the ‘luggage tags’ from the set, and are simply red, white, and blue gumballs place inside clear tubes.
- To hold the vintage style games I used an open suitcase. It was filled with wooden brain teaser puzzles, spinning tops, pinwheels, and fans to help stay cool. A copy of the U.S. Constitution was found at Cracker Barrel, and is prominently displayed to remind guests of the history of our country.
All of these ideas can help to make your 4th of July celebration even more special. Visit Squared Party Printables for this printable set, and thanks to Casey’s Confections for the wonderful star-shaped cookies.
CAH created this post as part of our styling service. All opinions are my own.