Black and White Dinner Party
Host a black and white dinner party for any special celebration throughout the year. Get inspired with a creative black and white tablescape and bar, plus dinner party menu recipes that match the theme.
Black and White Dinner Party
Do you have something to celebrate? These black and white dinner party ideas are perfect for celebrating a special birthday, anniversary, or ringing in the new year.
It all starts with this black & white plaid taffeta I found at the fabric store.
Black & White tablescape
- Use a couple of yards of fabric as a table topper and makes a statement with a bold pattern. There’s no question that we’re Mad for Plaid!
- Silver goes great with black and white so use silver metallic chargers to layer on each place setting.
- White napkins folded like bow ties adds a sophisticated but whimsical touch. Make your own napkin wrap with sequin trim from the fabric store.
- Printed out place cards and embellished them with a tiny adhesive gem. Place them in a mini frame that can double as a party favor.
Set up a bar
Even for a sit down dinner I like to have a small bar set up to serve pre-dinner hors d’oeuvres and a signature cocktail. Provide some mini champagne bottles too, to kick off the celebration.
- I got creative with my cocktail ingredients display and used vases as decanters, and a lidded ceramic vase holds ice. It’s important to MAKE SURE YOUR POTTERY IS FOOD SAFE if you want to do this.
- Mini champagne bottles are one of my favorite things! I love to dress them up like I did here with swatches of leftover fabric. Cut squares from the same fabric used on the table topper. Drape them over the neck of each bottle and secure with a piece of ribbon tied in a bow. It’s a great way to coordinate two separate tables at a party.
- Tie on black straws so guests can sip the champagne without glassware. I printed a very simple label that says “Cheers!” and attached it to the front of the bottles to keep all the party display elements uniform. I even added a tiny adhesive gem to the exclamation point!
- The perfect glass garnish for my Chocolate Cake Cocktail is a chocolate Swiss roll cut into slices. Just add it to the side of the glass!
Black and White Dinner Party Menu
Serve black and white food for a black and white dinner party. Here are some fun recipes that fit the theme.
These small cheese canapes are a delicious appetizer to serve with cocktails before dinner.
Serve this elegant filet mignon with balsamic glaze recipe. The dark color of the beef goes great with the color scheme of the party.
Toss black and white pasta with this homemade Alfredo sauce. Add shrimp or scallops for a surf and turf meal.
Welcome guests with a black cocktail that's a little sweet and goes well with salty appetizers.
Quick and easy chocolate trifle recipe with only 5 ingredients. Make this black and white dessert in about 30 minutes.
Black & white mini parfaits are the perfect dessert for this party. They're easy to make and the layers make a pretty presentation.
You take such stunning photos and what a gorgeous party setup! Love the B&W theme!
Thank you so much for saying so, Kristen. You made my day!
Absolutely stunning, but found some hesitation in you to hold the bottle in one hand!!!
Haha, not quite sure what that means, but thank you.
This looks fantastic, Chris!! I see another at-home date night in my future with this gorgeous setting and delicious menu!
Thanks Katie. Can’t wait to see how you host with Apothic white
this is HOT! Love this dinner party set-up. Black n white will ALWAYS be a fave of mine! Great job! =)
I know, Laura, I can’t get enough of black and white!
Comments are closed.