You’re going to love these shabby chic Graduation Party Ideas with Boxed Lunches. We’ve got a graduation table setting, a snack table, a welcome table, and more. Add this to your list of graduation party ideas and start planning now.
It’s graduation party time and I have a great idea for you that’s completely different from the modern-classic graduation party design here. This time I created a backyard picnic theme with kraft paper accents, and boxed lunches. These are my shabby chic graduation party ideas with boxed lunches!
Find out what to serve for a graduation party whether it’s a boxed lunch or a backyard cookout. I’ve assembled a whole bunch of recipes and ideas for you.
Setting up the party outside makes perfect sense for a graduation celebration. I hope this backyard party with boxed lunch inspires you to celebrate your graduate, or any guest of honor for that matter. Are you ready to see the design?!
Shabby Chic Graduation Party Ideas with Boxed Lunch
Set a Shabby Chic Tabletop with boxed lunches
- For this party I felt compelled to do something a little more casual, like a boxed lunch that can be pre-packed and set out just before guests arrive. Since the announcement set is black and white with kraft paper accents I chose to decorate with black, bringing in kraft paper elements, and one pop of color. The lunch boxes can be ordered in bulk here.
- I used the black set of tent cards as name cards and wrote down what’s inside the box on the inside of the card. Boxed lunches contain deli sandwich wraps, pasta salad, and fruit. Indicate what type of meat is used in the wrap when writing on the card.
- I created a table runner using kraft paper wrapping paper, and attached the custom photo circles for extra decor and personalization. You can also see that circles and dots are a recurring theme throughout the party.
- Blue canning jars are topped with these lids and allow a straw to go through while keeping bugs out. The pop of blue adds a vintage touch and is the main accent color in the party. Use your school’s color to be your accent
- I stamped the handles of bamboo forks, using a polka dot stamp and black ink.
Set up a shabby chic graduation party snack table
- The cake is traditionally the main item for dessert. Order a specialty cake from the bakery and top it with a diy mini cake banner topper.
- I found these vintage-style bags of Trader Joe’s kettle corn and had to incorporate them because they just fit into the design so well! They make great snacks to grab if you’re waiting for lunch or to take home for later. I pinned them to a vintage wire frame and they become part of the decor.
- Include delicious macarons and golden graduation party punch to the table.
- For a special activity, provide note cards where guests can write down something they love about the guest of honor. I love this idea! Place pencils in a monogrammed mug that the graduate can take with her, and have an attractive caddy ready to hold the notes.
Graduation party Favors
- A wire basket makes a fantastic place for guests to place their gifts. Dress it up with themed items like the graduation year, and a graduation pennant.
- Toffee candies make great edible favors. Place some in kraft paper bags so guests can take a bag home with them.
- Frame one of the photo thank you cards as an added decoration on the table.
- For the easiest graduation decor possible, place a stack of books and a rolled up “diploma” on the table. For a little extra effort add a DIY graduation cap.
- Add one last decorative detail that’s also a gift with these graduation money filled balloons.
Doesn’t this make you want to host a back yard picnic with boxed lunches?! Would be a great idea for family reunions too. Happy Planning!