This Rice Krispies Treat Cake is great idea for holidays and parties. Decorate it for Valentines Day or for birthdays and shower celebrations. See more ideas here.
Rice Krispies Treat Cake
Today’s post has a Big idea! It’s a unique way to serve up a perennial favorite. Turn rice krispies treats into a cake!
It’s an unexpected touch to add to any party or celebration. Great idea for kids birthdays or Valentine’s day!
How to make it
- 1 bag (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- In large pot melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered hands, form and press mixture evenly into round baking pans coated with cooking spray or rubbed with butter. Let cool completely.
- Run a knife around the edge of the treats to loosen it from the sides of the pan, and remove the formed mixture.
- Stack the rounds on top of each other to form a single “cake” and gently knead the seams so they blend together.
- Alternatively, you can add a layer of icing between the cake layers, and on top. This will resemble a naked cake.
Serve on cake pedestal and cut with a knife to serve.
Use two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans, or three 6-inch pans to form your rice krispie treat cake layers.
You can add icing to the cake if you like. Cover the whole thing like a traditional cake, or simply add a layer of frosting on top of each layer of cake.
Enhance the decoration further by adding sprinkles into the rice krispie treat mixture, or on top of the frosted cake.
More rice krispie treat decorating ideas
- Easy Valentines heart-shaped treats are perfect for the holiday or wedding parties and bridal showers.
- Add a variety of options with rice krispie treat dipping pops.
- Serve ice cream cones year round with these rice krispies treat cones.
- Put some rice krispies school treats in your kids lunch box, or take them to class parties.
This post contains affiliate links
Photography by Raezer Photography for Jami’s on Sweet Street.