These Easter appetizers creamy carrot bites are so cute for your holiday celebration. Serve them at brunch or for pre-dinner snacking. These are an integral part of our Easter entertaining guide that guest will love!
When it comes to Easter appetizers, creamy carrot bites will be a hit with kids and adults alike. They’re sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy, all in one!
These “carrot” bites are a spin on the classic crackers and cream cheese dip. The creamy topping is lightly sweetened with preserves, which pairs well with the lightly salted crackers.
These are Easter-specific because you use a piping bag to form the shape of a carrot onto the cracker. I think they just look precious, don’t you!
Why you’ll love the recipe
They’re easy to make with 5 simple ingredients.
You can make-ahead the filling the night before so preparation is simple the next day.
They look adorable on Easter Sunday.
The sweet and salty combination is delicious!
This is the perfect snack to prepare for guests because they’re light and won’t fill you up while waiting for the Easter meal.
These would also be terrific for the little’s, before or after their Easter egg hunt. And of course, these are right at home on your brunch table, as I’ve shown in my beautiful Easter tablescape, too.
Best tips for making and serving
- I recommend you make the filling the night before you’re going to serve them, if possible. This gives the flavors plenty of time to blend. You can even fill the piping bag with the mixture before storing in the refrigerator overnight, to make it that much quicker to prepare the next day.
- While I love the sweet & salty combo of this version, you could also use graham cracker rectangles.
- Turn this into a year-round appetizer. You can either serve the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl like a dip, or pipe it onto Club crackers or Ritz crackers in a simple shape, and sprinkle dill on top.
- When serving these, don’t let them sit out for more than two hours. They can get soggy over time, if left to sit out too long.
More Easter ideas
You can see more appetizers for Easter, that you’re sure to love.
Make Easter bunny bread rolls to serve on the table for dinner or lunch.
You can’t serve an Easter meal without delicious deviled eggs with bacon.
These yummy chocolate nests are great for a no-bake dessert treat.
Don’t miss this cute and easy Easter dirt cake for dessert!
I hope you’ll give these easy creamy carrot crackers a try. Let me know what you think of these Easter appetizers!
- 1 sleeve rectangle Club Crackers
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or jam
- fresh dill weed sprigs
- In a medium size bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and preserves/jam until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into piping bag outfitted with a tip with medium size opening. Round or star-shaped is fine.
- Begin at one end of cracker and apply light pressure to bag. Start with small, pointed tip of the “carrot” shape and apply more pressure in a slight zig-zag pattern, getting wider as you move up to the other end.
- Top with a sprig of dill tucked into the wider end of the “carrot” shape. Continue with remaining crackers and serve.