Serve mini baked brie topped 3 ways for appetizer parties and brunch. This trio of recipes include Kahlua, pecans, honey, and dry cranberries. Include these easy appetizers for girls night in, or make them for holiday entertaining and let guests choose their favorite.
Cheese is a go-to appetizer for any occasion and mini baked brie topped 3 ways is an ideal way to dress it up.
Who doesn’t love a good brie? And it’s even better when topped with a delicious mix of ingredients that balance the creamy richness of the cheese!
I’m sharing three of my classic brie topping recipes that work for pre-dinner appetizers or cocktail parties. The choice is yours. But it might be hard to pick a favorite!
And for more tasty options check out these brie party appetizer cups with apple butter and bacon.
Best crackers for baked brie
Water crackers are an unbeatable choice to serve with cheese because they don’t interfere with the flavor of the cheese itself. In this case you’ve got so many fantastic flavors happening you want a simple cracker.
Cut the rind off the top
I’m a big fan of making things as easy as possible for guests. Cutting the rind off the top of the brie is just another step in doing so.
It allows you to dip into the brie rather than have to slice it. The outside rind acts as a wall to hold the cheese in and it will stay warm longer.
PARTY TIP: Serve the baked brie rounds right on a piece of parchment paper for a rustic presentation and easy cleanup.
This trio of mini baked brie topped 3 ways would make a great addition to your holiday parties. They’re versatile enough to be served at brunch, for an appetizer, or for dessert.
Cranberry pecan brie
This cranberry & nut combination is beautiful and tasty for the Christmas party season. I also use it to top my cream cheese mold.
I’ve been making this version for about 15 years. The sweet and salty mix of the dried cranberries and chopped pecans is amazing, and you can prep it ahead for easy entertaining.
- Dried cranberries or Craisins
- Chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- Light brown sugar
PARTY TIP: Combine the dry ingredients the day ahead so they’re ready to add when you’re ready to bake. Just keep them in an airtight container.
Honey almond brie
This honey and almond baked brie is so quick and simple to make. It definitely belongs on your appetizer or brunch menu.
- Sliced almonds
PARTY TIP: You can use more or less of the honey or almonds to suit your taste.
Kahlua pecan brie
This Kahlúa and pecan topped baked brie is a drool worthy party appetizer you’ll make again and again! I’ve been making it for close to 20 years. It’s decadent and delicious enough to serve as a dessert!
Kahlua topping ingredients:
- Finely chopped pecans
- Vanilla extract
- Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- Brown sugar
How to make them
- Prep – Preheat the oven and prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Slice – Thinly slice the top rind off the brie and discard. Place brie on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add toppings – Version 1. Combine ingredients with exception of honey and pour onto brie. Drizzle honey over top. Version 2. Pour honey on brie and sprinkle the almonds on top. Version 3. Combine all ingredients and pour on top of brie.
- Bake – Bake until heated through and melted.
PARTY TIP: Use the sides of the parchment paper for easy transfer. Slide onto a serving tray for presentation and serve immediately.
The rind on the brie is actually edible, but for the sake of easy serving, take off just the top. That way people can dip right into it rather than having to slice it. The rest of the rind keeps the melted cheese in tact.
The best way to heat up brie is in the oven. It melts easily and is a great way to get golden brown and bubbly edges. You can place it on a parchment lined baking sheet or use a brie sized ramekin, if you have one.
- 1 small round of brie
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- honey – about 1/4 cup
- 1 small round of brie
- about 1/4 cup Sliced almonds
- about 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small round of brie
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Thinly slice the top rind off of the brie and discard. Place brie on parchment paper-lined sheet pan so it’s easy to remove once baked.
- For cranberry-pecan brie, combine dry cranberries, pecans, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle it over one of the brie rounds and drizzle honey over mixture.
- For honey-almond brie, pour honey over second brie round and sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- For Kahlua topped brie, combine pecans, vanilla, Kahlúa and brown sugar together. Cover third brie round with mixture.
- Bake all three wheels of brie for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Gently slide parchment with brie onto a serving tray and serve with crackers or French bread slices.