Set up a rustic Christmas dessert table for holiday entertaining. Add woodsy decor and plaid fabric to carry out the theme. Provide a mix of homemade sweets and store bought treats for an easy party plan.
Rustic Christmas Dessert Table
Okay, you can’t have a rustic Christmas entertaining series without some delicious homemade treats can you?! Of course not – that’s why I put together a rustic Christmas dessert table to coordinate with our rustic Christmas tablescape. I filled it with some of my favorite sweets & desserts, and am sharing the recipes so you can make them too. But first, here are the details of the table.
Ideas to set up a rustic Christmas treats table
- I was thrilled to find a flannel fabric that was almost exactly like the red & black plaid stockings hanging by the fireplace. By connecting this fabric element, the moss runner, and the printed papers, the two different areas coordinate creating a complete party experience, visually. Then covering the table with “rustic” homemade sweets reinforces the concept.
- Printable party tags from Bird’s Party are used to label items and can be seen again in the dining area as place cards.
- A simple swag of jute twine hanging as a backdrop is a great way to display Christmas cards.
- Candy cane sticks are a cute addition to red velvet cupcakes as they have a “Merry Christmas” flag attached.
- I found some adorable sled cupcake holders at Hobby Lobby and they are a great addition to the table display.
What Sweets to Serve
- Fill the treats table with some store-bought items like candied popcorn mix, chocolate dipped nuts & berries, ingredients for s’mores, and red velvet cupcakes.
- I included some of my my favorite homemade sweet treats & desserts – Graham Cracker Toffee, Ritz Cracker Candy, and Brownie Button Surprise bites. These recipes can all be found by following the link.
- Serve the easiest eggnog punch recipe in tall glasses and top them with whipped cream and nutmeg. Just follow the link for the recipe.
PARTY TIP: You can have containers & recipe cards handy to give guests as they leave.
This table was easy to put together and your guests would love all the goodies.