This Red White and Blue Trifle for your 4th of July dessert table is a show-stopper. Serve this when you host a 4th of July party and watch the guests devour it. Get the delicious recipe here.
Serve this berry trifle for summer entertaining
This berry trifle is a show-stopping dessert on any sweets table and especially for 4th of July. It’s sort of a no-brainer for any patriotic holiday since the red and blue berries layered with the white ganache filling is so perfectly tailored to the occasion. I first made it about 8 years ago for a summer party we hosted, and everyone loved it!
I got the recipe from HGTV, back when they used to air a few shows on entertaining. It’s delicious and light, and maybe you won’t feel TOO guilty about eating it since it’s filled with fruit!
This red, white, and blue berry trifle looks impressive but is quite easy to make. You can make it a day ahead for stress-free planning, and for a fun alternative you can break up the cake and make mini trifles inside jars or stemmed glasses, to serve individually.
For another 4th of July dessert idea check out these star-studded mini pies that are just about the easiest thing you can put together but looks so festive!
- 3 8-inch cake layers; use white, yellow, or angel food
- 2 pounds white chocolate; use small pieces or chop up a block into small pieces
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- About 1 pint EACH raspberries, blueberries, & strawberries
- First, make the ganache filling by melting the chocolate in 1 cup of cream over a double boiler set on low heat. Combine mixture with a whisk occasionally until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Do not put in refrigerator or it will become firm.
- Whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups cream to firm peaks using an electric mixer; add to cooled white chocolate ganache mixture and fold in until well combined.
- Assemble the trifle: Place one layer of cake in bottom of trifle bowl. Top with 1/3 of the ganache filling, and raspberries.
- Add another layer of cake, filling, and blueberries. Repeat with 3rd layer, filling, and top with sliced strawberries and remaining blueberries in a star-burst pattern.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.