Set up a Popcorn Bar for awards viewing parties or movie themed parties for adults and children alike. Everyone loves popcorn and there are so many variations. This popcorn bar lets guests mix and match flavors and add-ins for the perfect snack.
This party buffet is perfect for hosting the girls for an Oscars Red Carpet party. It can also be adapted for sports and game day parties. Don’t forget the kids. They would love this popcorn buffet for their movie themed birthday party.
I get so excited to watch the awards shows this time of year, and hosting a viewing party with a popcorn bar is a great way to share the experience with friends. I set up this one to share on Homes.com and I think it turned out super cute!
The idea here was to provide several flavors of popcorn, both sweet and salty, and include some “add-ins” that you can sprinkle into your popcorn box. The combination of flavors takes this popcorn bar up a notch, and you can get as creative as you want.
A few decorative styling details like movie reel, clapboard, and directors megaphone make this snack bar perfect for any movie themed party. All these items can be found online or at your local party store.
Set up this popcorn bar for movie night with these ideas
- For a more sophisticated take on a popcorn bar check out this popcorn & champagne dessert bar.
- See how to add more great fun with these 5 steps to a fabulous awards viewing party. They’re great for hosting an Oscars viewing party, or Golden Globes party.
- If you want to add a hearty appetizer in addition to the popcorn these beef and blue BLT party sandwiches are delicious.
- Wash it down with a signature drink like my red carpet cocktail.
The Popcorn Bar
- Cheddar Cheese
- Classic Butter
- Kettle Corn
- Chocolate Chunk mix with pretzels & potato chips
- Butter Toffee
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Hot Spicy Peanuts
- Black & White M&M’s
These are some of my favorite flavor combos:
- cheddar + butter toffee – that sweet and salty mix is surprisingly delicious!
- chocolate chunk + spicy peanuts – that touch of heat pairs so well with the chocolate.
- kettle corn + honey roasted peanuts – the sweeter, the better!
- The kids of course, loved the m&m’s mixed into everything!