You’re going to love these Easy Pecan Pie Bars with Sugar Cookie Crust. It’s like two treats in one! Pecans are a Southern staple and they taste great in everything from appetizers to dessert. Make this traditional bar recipe with a twist and serve them on dessert tables, at potluck parties, and holiday celebrations.
Easy Pecan Pie Bars
This easy recipe for pecan pie bars saves time by using packaged sugar cookie mix for the crust.
Growing up in the South, pecans and pecan pie are a way of life! I don’t think I’ve ever been to a potluck party or family event where there wasn’t at least one pecan pie on the dessert buffet.
If it’s not a staple dessert where you live, I urge you to make this recipe with the easy sugar cookie crust. One taste and you’ll see why we love our pecans! The sweet and salty combination is one of my favorites.
I typically make my bars with a shortbread crust. But this sugar cookie crust is a delicious alternative and I love how it turns out. If you like pecan pie you’re going to love these bite size bars.
Bite Size Dessert for a Party
Add these dessert bars to your next dessert table or Christmas cookie exchange party.
Variety is the key when setting up a dessert table with small bites. You’ll want to include cookies, bars, and truffles as well as something with chocolate. It’s also a good idea to add something fruity to the mix of items.
These easy pecan pie bars are a terrific addition and are easy to pick up as you continue to socialize.
More recipes with pecans
Here are some more recipes using our beloved pecan.
- See this pecan pie trifle for a show-stopping dessert.
- Or serve these sweet & spicy pecans when your hosting a cocktail party.
- Alternatively, make these sweet spiced pecans that are a little sweeter than the ones above.
- If you want to combine flavors, these chocolate chip pecan bars look totally indulgent and rich.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Crust ingredients until dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir all Pecan Filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 2 hours before cutting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.