You’re going to love these easy pecan pie bars. They’re made without corn syrup and the filling is thick and sweet while the crust is soft, buttery and delicious.
Pecan Pie Bars No Corn Syrup Recipe
If you love pecan pie, you’re going to love this easy bar recipe! I typically make them with a homemade shortbread crust but this version saves time by using packaged sugar cookie mix and it’s a delicious alternative.
The center is made with brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and chopped pecans. One taste and you’ll see why we love our pecans! The sweet and mild combination is one of my favorites.
PARTY TIP: Variety is the key when setting up a dessert table with small bites. You’ll want to include cookies, bars, and truffles as well as something with chocolate. It’s also a good idea to add something fruity to the mix of items.
More Recipes with Pecans
Pecans are a southern staple and they taste great in everything from appetizers to dessert. Here are some more recipes using our beloved pecan.
- See this pecan pie trifle for a show-stopping dessert.
- Serve these sweet & spicy pecans when you’re hosting a cocktail party.
- Alternatively, make these sweet candied pecans that have a cinnamon sugar coating.
- Our pumpkin dump cake has a crunchy pecan topping that’s totally indulgent and rich.
- Add savory spicy pecans to your next appetizer or cocktail party. They’re great to sit on the bar too.
- 1 pouch (17.5 ounce) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Crust ingredients until dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir all Pecan Filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 2 hours before cutting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.