Today I’m bringing you an enchanting boho-inspired shoot with touches of luxe and lavender. Adorn Invitations wanted to create something that was elegant and eccentric, and would encourage brides do something unique with their style. The result is this beautifully executed shoot full of inspiration!
Here’s Adorn’s advice on styling your wedding:
- Pick the location – Pick a location that will truly speak for itself before you add your own touch to it. We chose a lavender field because it was stunning no matter the time of day and it had a French Provincial appeal.
- Choose your color – Pick a primary color and then work with colors you think will balance and complement it best. We started with lilac as our primary,then added blush tones and gold touches for a modern, stylish appeal.
- Plan the décor – First decide if you want a casually chic look or a more formal, lavish one. Our shoot proves that you can take trendy bohemian influences and pair them with elegant details to produce a more formal and elegant setting. The outdoor setting married a rustic timber table with an array of lavender, blush, and metallic gold embellishments. Seating is created with woven and fur rugs, ottomans, and cushions to show that you can keep the setting relaxed but also classy and charming.
- Incorporate a DIY project – Don’t overwhelm yourself by thinking that you have to go over the top or create something for each guest. You can do something simple like design your own centerpiece as we did with the embellished cow-skull we purchased from the thrift shop!
- Decide on fashion and beauty – Your chosen dress will depend on personal preference, the wedding theme and the season. Ask yourself, do you want something silky or lacy; spaghetti straps or long-sleeves; strapless or backless…and go from there. Our bride is featured in a lace and tulle number, with back detail for a romantic, sophisticated look. For makeup the beauty team decided upon a fresh, dewy look. The bride’s makeup was kept natural and minimal as she was decorated with highlighter, rose gold metallic eye shadow and a nude matte lip. The hair was kept free and wavy for a romantic and effortless feel.
From the team at Adorn, we hope we’ve given you some useful advice for styling your own wedding. Remember it’s your special day and it’s important to incorporate you and your partner’s personalities into it as much as you can.
Styling: Adorn Invitations | @adorninvitations
Photography: Sephory Photography | @sephoryphotography
Food: Mary Eats Cake | @maryeatscake
Invitation Design: BWedding Invitations | @bweddinginvitation
Headpiece and Jewelry: LoveOn Jewellery @loveonjewellery
Dresses: Raffaele Ciuca | @raffaeleciucabridal
Flowers: Babylon Flowers | @babylon flowers