How to Make Napkin Envelopes for Valentine’s Day
Make these DIY Napkin Envelopes for your Valentine’s Day party and insert a sweet card for your guests. See how to fold them, here.
I don’t usually get caught up in fancy napkin folding, but this idea just seemed to fit so well with the Valentine’s Day theme that I thought I’d share how to do it. These diy napkin envelopes look so cute with a small printable Valentine’s day card tucked inside. You can use it on a children’s table, a Valentine’s Day dinner for two, even this cheese fondue for two Valentine’s dinner. You can really dress it up or keep it casual.
I used small cotton cocktail napkins about 10-inches square, but you could also use paper napkins if you like. Full size napkins were pretty large for this particular fold, however.
How to Fold DIY Napkin Envelopes:
- Iron your napkin so it’s wrinkle free, and lay it flat in a diamond shape.
- Fold one side in towards the middle.
- Fold the other side in towards the middle.
- Bring the bottom up to the middle.
- Now fold the bottom half up over the top half to meet the base of the ‘flap’.
- Tuck a card inside and fold the flap over. Seal it with a puffy heart sticker.
For best results iron the folds as you go so they lay down flat. Place them on each plate and continue setting the table.
NOTE: Free printable Valentine’s Day cards from The Rubber Punkin.
Even though this was for a kids table, the idea would work equally well for grown ups too, don’t you think!
Have a great day!
I love this idea! Very easy and clever.
Thanks Amanda. I thought it was kind of a cute update to an old idea 😉
Comments are closed.