DIY Fabric Swag
Admittedly this is the simplest tutorial possible, but I thought it might inspire 1 or 2 of my readers out there! This is my DIY fabric mini swag that I love to use to add color and interest to a party. Most recently I used it for my rustic-modernbridal shower shoot to drape across a rustic shutter.
You will need:
- household twine or string
- thin strips of coordinating fabric cut to about 4 1/2 inches long
What to do:
- Tie a length of string across 2 points to make it easier to work with.
- Fold a strip of fabric in half and place it in front of the string.
- Bring the 2 tail ends up behind the string and back through the loop of fabric so they hang forward.
- Repeat with more fabric strips until you have your desired length, sliding the fabric pieces together as you go along.
- Now drape it anywhere you need an extra pop of color!
You can also mix it up by adding in strips of ribbon, lace, or burlap.
Photos: Laura Gordon Photography / DIY photos: Celebrations At Home
For more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. Cheers!
I made a swag for my girls birthday… it was so easy and it looks amazing. I can’t wait to put it up. Thanks for the idea!
Seeing this tutorial, I had a major “DUH!” moment when you said tie your string to two points. I made three huge buntings for the Christmas tree year, and I had known that little tidbit, let’s just say it would have been faster! Thanks for the tutorial – it helped me!
Glad to hear it Melissa! : )
Love the little flags on the cake pops!
Comments are closed.