"All American" Backyard Picnic-Style Shoot

I have more summer party inspiration to share with you!  This backyard picnic shoot from Tiny Water Photography is loaded with amazing ideas that you can incorporate for 4th of July weekend or all summer long.  Vintage suitcases, cute paper details, and a fabulous cookies & cream dessert table make this design special.
Some of my favorite ideas employed on the cookies & cream table are:
  • Keep the sweets simple by offering a few cookie flavors, ice cream, milk, and berries.
  • Unique “bottle” flags around the neck of the bottle.
  • The milk bottle “necklaces.”
  • Tiny paper fan picks placed in the berry dishes.
  • Suitcases used as risers, and to display drinks.
All these thoughtful details make this an interesting display.
More great ideas from this shoot:
  • Set up colorful displays to hold snacks and photo props.
  • Serve snack bags or cones from a small wagon.
  • Fill tiny baskets with berries or candies and use it to display place cards.
  • Create a photo backdrop by hanging fabric in different, but coordinating patterns.
I’m sure there is something wonderful you can take away from this gorgeous display!  Say hello to Summer!

Vendors:

Photography – Tiny Water Photography  /  DesignerAmber Novey  /  FloralsBotanica Floral Design  /  Graphic designs & paper goodsHerdah Warner  /  Cookies & Milk barThe Cookie Drop

Comments

1. Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia says:

I love this and will definitely save the ideas. I think we should celebrate and decorate every single day we get together as a family, this is perfect and simple enough. Thanks so much

2. Cakewalk Baking says:

I love this – every detail is perfect! What an amazing job!

3. Fashion-isha says:

I love bright and cheerful party ideas! Really great post.
    xo
    Sharon

4. I'm British and love to have family parties indoor and out. We have already had an American Easter Egg hunt. This have give me other ideas – depending on British weather, haha!
    lesley

norfolkcrafts.blogspot.com

5. Canterbury Cakes says:

Fabulous ideas – I particularly love the retro styling!

blog.canterburycakes.co.uk

6. Susan Crabtree says:

so cute & fun!

7. Super cute, creative. Love all of the details!

8. Great work! Surely it will be a memorable party if the decorations are this wonderful! I love the berry basket!

9. Diane Stein says:

So festive and love the attention to details. Would you share you source for the berry baskets and also the small blue paper suitcase? I have found a site but they only offer brown . . . would love the blue. Thanks!!

10. Love the look of this backyard picnic. Really like that cookie jar as well.

1. [...] planning of all varieties is Celebrations at Home.  There’s even a recent post featuring an “All American” Backyard Picnic! The photos of ice cream cookie dessert table are mouth-watering. All together, the end result is [...]