Sophisticated Baseball Theme

I think birthday inspiration for men may be one of the least represented genres in the party blogosphere.  Fortunately, I found one you can add to your ideas file if you happen to have a baseball lover.   Thanks to Amorology, who created this classy baseball themed wedding that is perfect for a gentleman’s birthday celebration.
Create anticipation with “ticket” invitations, and decorate your party space with penants, baseballs, and peanuts!  Have bats and balls available for guests to write on{well-wishes to the birthday guy}.  Display treats in a vendor-style box/tray, and design a couple of coordinating centerpieces using baseballs.
I so love the idea of the “hey, batter, batter” favor box filled with pancake batter!  These ideas would also work well for Father’s Day, coming up soon!

Comments

1. Susan Crabtree says:

my husband is a HUGE baseball fan & would absolutely LOVE this!

2. Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts says:

I love how classy but fun this is!!!

3. I love how out-of-the-box this is! Thanks for sharing!

4. Simply Creative Insanity says:

Amazing! I love all the details in this one! I will be stocking this one away for sure!

5. Kristy - Posh Pixels Design Studio says:

This is fabulous! Too perfect!

6. Stephanie says:

Adorable. This would be a great party for our nephew who loves and plays baseball. This I will have to file away for future use!!

7. Brittany @ GreyGreyDesigns says:

SO many fabulous details here. I'm in love. Wish my husband liked baseball!

8. Anonymous says:

Loved the idea for "guys" but I think the most under represented group in party planning is "TEENS"! I would love to see some ideas for teens and even something as simple as a party favor for a coed teen lunch is hard to come up with unless it is food (ie cookie, brownie, candy). And the pressure is really on when you are throwing something for teens – it has to be "cool" and fun but of course, you can't have a signature cocktail or anything……

Anonymous, you are so right! I stand corrected. They want to be cool, and they want to feel grown up, too! Definately try to keep a level of sophistication with teen parties.

Favors are a whole other deal. They love friends, music, movies, and "style," which can get pretty pricey if your providing for many. I'm one of those who always loves a good "sweet treat" as a favor. Other options are gift certificates to iTunes, theaters, or restaurants.

10. Pink Peppermint Paper says:

Wow! LOVE this idea. So well-executed. Awesome!

11. Chris,
    I agree that themed celebrations for guys are difficult. Thanks for sharing this idea.

12. Love the juxtaposition of sporty and classy at the same time. I would love to share this on my site! Thanks for sharing with us.

13. CupKate's And Parties says:

Who knew baseball was so elegant?? The "hey batter batter" favors are genius.

14. I love this and can't believe I didn't see it before I did my sports party! I used moss (from the dollar store) but it didn'g turn out as good as yours. I also wish I'd have seen the snack guy!

Mine's here:http://diyingtobedomestic.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/sports-themed-birthday-party/

15. beautyandthebeastfashion.com says:

Love this idea! Very elegnant, but in a manly way. I would have never thought to do this. It is such a wonderful idea!!