Todays entry into the Pink & Orange-inspired Vendor Challenge comes all the way from South Africa. Julie and Shona of In Good Company put together a stylish and modern dinner party that would be great for both young and older guests. They used a paint theme and offer up some creative ideas using the challenge colors plus navy to give it a more neutral feel. Read on for the details…
“The idea is well suited to a party held at home where you would like to add the special touch without going “overboard,” for example: a milestone birthday for a husband or best friend, a graduation or “congratulations” party or even “just because”. We were inspired by 100 Layer Cake’s Inspiration Board and Jen Ramos artwork at Cocoa & Hearts. The printables were designed by Paper & Cake.”
Some tips from the ladies to help create this look are:
- Design your own backdrop by painting a plain canvas with bold stripes coordinating with your color palette.
- Use the rest of your paint by splashing stripes on invitation cards and envelopes. Add some glitter and you’re good to go!
- Craft your own paper flowers to save on budget.
- Dip bamboo cutlery in paint for a well placed splash of color.
- Serve store-bought candies & desserts and add printable toppers for a special touch.
- Paint stripes around candles for an updated candlelight centerpiece.
- Add ribbon to swizzle sticks for that little extra touch.
- Fill printable favor boxes with extra treats from the sweets table.
Thanks to Julie and Shona for such a beautiful design and some helpful tips to pulling it off!
Design & Styling – In Good Company
Paper Goods – Paper & Cake