Kids Candy Coated Christmas Party

Are you ready for some inspiration for a kids Christmas party?  If you’re like me, the kids will be out of school for the next week leading up to Christmas and you’ll need something to entertain them, right?
This may just inspire you – I hosted a small gathering for my kids and a couple of friends.  We called it a “Candy Coated Christmas Party” because it was all about sweet decor, and decorating their own “Christmas Trees” (ice cream cones), and cupcakes. This concept turned out to be great fun for the kids.  For another festive idea you could incorporate a cute DIY photo booth with props as I’ve shown here.
Each child had a place set with personalized aprons, “snowman” milk bottles, and candy cane napkin rings with a decorated cookie on a stick.  They had their own dish of icing to cover the cones and cupcakes, and plenty of candy toppings to add on top.  White cotton candy was the perfect “snow”, while powdered donut holes were the perfect “snow balls.”

The centerpiece was a trio of trees I made by hot gluing candy to white foam cones.  Adding ribbons to the top, and cotton candy for a snow-covered base finished it off perfectly.  Candy bouquets were made by filling a vase with foam to securely hold candy canes, lollipops, and cookies on a stick.

After the kids decorated their food items, they played outside in the (barely there) snow.  Hot chocolate was waiting to warm them up, with a snowman Peep on the side.  This is the time they were able to write their letters to Santa using the adorable free printables from The Two Savvy Sisters.
There were plenty of treats to take home in their ‘take-out’ boxes, as well as the personalized aprons.  They all had a great time, and needless to say my kids didn’t have an appetite for dinner that night!

Check out scenes from the party below:

For more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. Cheers!

Comments

1. Piggy Bank Parties says:

Adorable! I LOVE the snowman milk bottles!

2. Frog Prince Paperie says:

Chris, this is beautiful! So colorful and fun–I'm sure the kids had a fabulous time!

3. Brittany @ GreyGreyDesigns says:

Fabulous! I would expect nothing else from you-you're always killing IT! The snowman milks are completely and utterly ridiculously clever!

4. Gwynn @ Gwynn Wasson Designs says:

OMG!! This is beyond cute!!! And it is soooo beautiful!!! Absolutely fantastic job!!

5. Party Box Design says:

oh so so fun, just love it!

6. Cineca@ Dreamin' N Details says:

This is candy heaven :) I love the personalized aprons and milk bottle snowmen!! Beautiful.

7. Kate Landers Events, LLC © 2009 says:

So cute! I LOVE the Christmas Candy Corn and traditional color scheme! And you know me, I always love aprons on the backs of chairs. The snowmen on the glasses are too cute. I just love how festive it is. Darling inspiration Chris!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!!!

8. "My colors are Blush and Bashful" -Steel Magnolias says:

This is like the cutest thing i have ever seen! how fun! :)

9. this is adorable!

10. Kori Clark says:

OH MY WORD Chris! This is just toooo cute! You have every detail covered. I love the snowmen marshmallows on the cocoa and the "trees"! What a fun idea with the cones! You certainly made this an amazing thing for those kids!

11. Katie Grace Designs says:

UNBELIEVABLE! Girl you have been busy! I LOVED every detail! Lucky kiddos :)

Thanks everyone! Funny thing is we had to postpone the party twice – first because of weather, then because my daughter got sick. They were bouncing off the walls ready to dig into that candy! LOL

13. Live Laugh Celebrate says:

wow- I love it! I love the marshmallows for the hot chocolate. so adorable. Fantastic job as always- amazing inspiration!

14. Enchanted Expectations says:

No Kidding…When I first opened this I thought, Oh Pottery Barn Kids Picture. Then when I started reading and realized it was a party of yours I was floored. What a great party. I love it all!

15. Absolutely in love with this party! I keep going back to check out the details!! Just incredible! And FUN!

16. Natalie Clamp says:

AMAZING Chris! You are such a talent!!
    XXOX Natalie

17. This party is perfection! :)

18. Christi Bennett @ pisforparty says:

Chris!! the party was ADORABLE! As always, I love your attention to detail on everything! The centerpieces are precious and I love all of the varying heights. Great job!

19. Forex Princessa says:

Too stinkin' adorab;e. I wish that I was a kid at your party:)

20. Cammi at CK Events says:

Wow! I wish these were the types of gatherings my parents or friends' parents hosted when we were out of school on Christmas break! Too adorable!! Love every detail!

21. Maddycakes says:

Chris,

I LOVE this! So adorable! Funny, I bought those same cookies and peanut butter candies from $ Tree for a party! Gotta love them! You are just so talented my friend! I know your Petite Celebrations is booming!!!
    Michelle

22. The Savvy Moms Guide says:

Adorable! Love it. The details are perfect…the color, scheme, activity, sweets, EVERYTHING. Smiles~

23. Buttercream says:

this looks absolutely heavenly. I love the colors and all the candy. Thanks for the ideas…I have a xmas brunch every year and my ideas or swarming around in my head after viewing these colorful photos.

24. As an adult, I would love to wake up on Christmas morning to something like this as a gift for me. This table brings out the kid in many my age, I'm sure. Your use of the traditional Christmas colors are festive and creative. This is a darling table!

25. this is amazing!

26. Kelly - The Party Dress says:

Just Darling, Chris!

DAMNNNN Girl.. your parties get better and better!! This is one for the record books!!! Toooo CUTE!! Love every detail!! You just don't stop!

28. Save the Date for Cupcakes says:

Chris~ when are we going to work together?! This is FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!! I love the detail! I love everything about it!

29. OMG!!!! Without a doubt one of the cutest party set-ups I have ever seen!!!! The kids will be in heaven! Love the polka dot tablecloth, would you share your source?

Happy Holiday!

30. Petit Artiste, Beatriz Azevedo says:

I liked every detail. Congratulations! Beatriz

I am overwhelmed by the appreciation for this party – THANK YOU!!

Colleen, the polka dot topper is just fabric from the fabric store! I bought it a while back for another purpose and it ended up here instead! ; D

32. Ashleigh Dorfman, CSEP says:

I'm late to the party but I love it! It's simply gorgeous. Love the candy trees – and the new use for Peep snowmen! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

33. Helen Guzman :: bonito design says:

OH WOW… LOVE it all. My favorite here are the white aprons on the chairs with the kids name in red and the candy trees. JUST FABULOUS!

34. Glory/ Glorious Treats says:

Super adorable party Chris!! I'm sure the kids (and moms) had a wonderful time! Everything looks so beautiful and festive!

35. This is so sweet!! I love the Candy trees!!! they're perfect :) but really everything looks amazing!
    xo

36. This is just beautiful! And so fun!!! I want to do this next year!

37. What a fun party! I love the feather wreath – where is it from?

38. Very festive and everything look wonderful!

Hom Nom, I got that wreath a few years ago at a local Christmas Bazaar. You can probably find it on line if you google "feather wreath." ; )

40. michelle@everyday celebrating says:

Absolutely PRECIOUS! That is MY kinda party! I love the white stand that holds the Santa letter sign. Where did you get it?

Michelle, that awesome 99cent frame is from IKEA! Love that place!

42. Amanda Parker at Shindig says:

I wish I could have come to this party! Amazing! And even more amazing that you were able to pull this off in such a busy season. I'm so impressed with everything, Chris!

43. Wow, this is incredible Chris! Those candy trees are a favorite! I want to try something like that.

44. pk @ Room Remix says:

What a great idea for a party, and you did a FABULOUS job on it as usual! Love it…

45. So cute and fun! I love it!

46. Love it, absolutely adorable. Even adults will want to sit at that table.

47. Simply Creative Insanity says:

Chris this is so cute! You are so talented!

48. Love the blog! Leave mine so you can see my wall decals' collection
    Best regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

49. Absolutely fabulous party you had. Love all the details: I had never thought about using sugar ice cream cones instead of gingerbread houses for my younger kids and my favorite is the snowman milk bottles (LOVE the donut hole heads).

50. This looks like how Willy Wonka would celebrate Christmas! The love is truly in the details and I bet everyone had a fabulous time.

51. uber cuteness

52. Makey Bakey says:

I found your blog via Bakerella's post on the snowman milk bottles. Your creative ideas for celebrations are so inspiring! I love planning for little parties, and seeing your photos has given me lots of ideas.

Thanks!
    Heather

53. Chris,
    I’m a fellow BYW student and just have to say your blog is miles ahead of mine!! Congratulations for being so together–and so informative! I’m planning to use a spin-off of this post to decorate my daughter’s middle school holiday dance. All the best!

54. What did you use for the black dots for eyes and mouth on the snowman bottles? Too cute!!

55. WOW!!! This would be a blast for any kid (or adult) to be at!!! Love all the detail, nicely done – will have to remember this for 2012 Christmas :) -Dani

56. I come back to this party when ever I want fun Christmas inspriation, I still love it so much! You just did such a perfect job Chris!

57. what is the snowman’s head? is it a donut/donut hole?
    please and thanks

58. So stinking cute! I had to share! Here it is if you want to check it out: http://www.vixenmade.com/2013/12/7-fabulous-kids-christmas-parties.html

1. [...] of the editors found my site and contacted me about holiday ideas for the kids. We discussed the kids candy coated Christmas party I hosted last year but she wanted more “tabletop” less “candy” centered [...]

2. [...] get-together. ….And here’s how they look all dressed up!…I used them in my Kids Candy Christmas party here, and also created milk “ghosts” for a Kids Halloween Treats table [...]

3. [...] I mentioned in my previous post about the shoot, most of these ideas were taken from the Kids Candy Coated Christmas partywe hosted last year. Just goes to show you can change up a few details and get a whole new [...]

4. [...] are so many fun details on this table from Celebrations At Home.  The milk bottles make the table, I mean serious [...]

5. [...] about a  Christmas Candyland Theme party, from Celebrations at Home.  Yes, it’s a holiday party idea, BUT it could be adapted [...]

6. [...] Candy Coated Christmas Party – After the kids decorated their food items, they played outside in the (barely there) snow. [...]

7. [...] And one more project/dessert, before they left. We frosted these sugar cones with green icing and stuck on sixlets and star candies that I found at Target. Alright, so I did this tree as a demo, but the kids trees were cute, too! This took so much less prep than making sugar cookies for them to decorate. And they loved it! {Inspiration} [...]