These are my top picks for summer grilling. Get everything you need to host those backyard barbecue parties!
My top picks for summer grilling:
Are you a big griller during the summer months? We are, but we gave it up for about a year because our old grill wore out and we were preparing to move and it didn’t make since to buy a new grill that we would have to transport. So we waited and bought our new one here at the new house just before Memorial day weekend, and we’ve been making up for lost time ever since.
I teamed up with Hebrew National to share some of my top picks for summer grilling and entertaining. Check out my list below and make plans for the holiday weekend! *contains affiliate links*
- Weber grill – We’ve had 2 or 3 grills since we’ve been married and they always seem to wear out over the years. This time my husband was determined to buy a Weber grill because they’re so well reviewed and last ‘forever.’ It’s pricey compared to other brands but it’s totally worth it. Every time my husband grills on our new Weber he raves about how evenly it cooks.
- Grill Set – You have to have a good grilling tool set in order to cook on the grill, right! Grab a set with spatula, tongs, and a cleaning brush and you’ll be all set.
- Melamine Tray – A sturdy tray is a must-have item when grilling because it lets you carry things from the kitchen to the grill in one easy step. I like these malamine trays because they have a lip around the edge to keep things from sliding off, and it’s easy to clean up.
- Cedar Planks – We’ve fallen in love with our grilling planks. We use them to make our bbq brushed plank grilled salmon, and they’re great for chicken too.
- Sauce Pot & Brush – Adding flavor to chicken or fish is convenient when you have a small sauce pot and brush at hand!
- Cookbook – I love to try new recipes for entertaining and Southern Living has been one of my go-to sources for over a decade. This barbecue cookbook is filled with delicious recipes for meats and sides, and they always have great photos as well.
- Hot Dogs & Condiments – It’s true that hot dogs are a standard grilling option when entertaining with kids, and my daughter has become somewhat of a hot dog snob – she will only eat Hebrew National hot dogs. I’m not kidding! Serve them up on a bun with Hunts ketchup, Gulden’s mustard, and my calico baked beans recipe and you’ve got the makings for a great summer meal.