These are my top picks for summer grilling. Get everything you need to host those backyard barbecue and cookouts. You’ll be ready to party in no time when you add this to our summer entertaining ideas!
Get ready for summer parties with these grilling supplies
Are you a big grill’er during the summer months? We are, but we gave it up for about a year because our old grill wore out and we were preparing to move. It didn’t make since to buy a new grill that we would have to transport. So we waited and bought one after the move. That was just before Memorial day weekend, and we’ve been making up for lost time ever since.
I’m sharing some of my top picks for summer grilling and entertaining. Check out my list below and make plans for the holiday weekend! *contains affiliate links*
Favorite Grilling Recipes
First, let me introduce you some of my favorite recipes to cook on the grill.
- This is my go-to recipe that makes the best juicy burgers.
- Make these sun-dried tomato burgers for a delicious twist.
- These Asian style burgers are full of flavor!
- Add another international twist with Greek burgers with tzatziki sauce served in pita pockets.
- You wont believe how moist and delicious these BBQ brushed plank grilled salmon are!
- Get more backyard BBQ ideas + an amazing beef kabob marinade recipe for grilling.
- You can host a casual cookout with these hot dog topping recipes.
My top picks for summer grilling
Here’s what we use for our summer cookouts. These are affiliate links.
- Weber grill – We’ve had 2 or 3 grills since we’ve been married and they always seem to wear out over the years. This time my husband was determined to buy a Weber grill. They get fantastic reviews and last ‘forever.’ It’s pricey compared to other brands but it’s totally worth it. Every time my husband grills on our new Weber he raves about how evenly it cooks.
- Grill Set – You have to have a good grilling tool set in order to cook on the grill, right! Grab a set with spatula, tongs, and a cleaning brush and you’ll be all set.
- Melamine Tray – A sturdy tray is a must-have item when grilling because it lets you carry things from the kitchen to the grill in one easy step. I like these malamine trays because they have a lip around the edge. That keeps things from sliding off, and it’s easy to clean up.
- Cedar Planks – We’ve fallen in love with our grilling planks. We use them to make our bbq brushed plank grilled salmon, and they’re great for chicken too.
- Sauce Pot & Brush – Adding flavor to chicken or fish is convenient when you have a small sauce pot and brush at hand!
- Grill Basket – Add a grilling basket to your supply list. This allows you to cook vegetables or other small items like shrimp, without losing them through the grates. Grilled veggies taste so good!
- Cookbook – I love to try new recipes for entertaining and Southern Living has been one of my go-to sources for over a decade. This barbecue cookbook is filled with delicious recipes for meats and sides, and they always have great photos as well.
There you have the best picks for summer parties that revolve around the grill. It’s time to get started! Read best steak grilling tips from the pros.