My original DIY Tea Party Favors are the cutest things ever! These tea bag-shaped packets are so clever and hold a sweet treat inside. These are terrific any time your entertaining with tea. Make them for bridesmaids, for mothers day, or a birthday tea party. You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
Who doesn’t love a tea party with all of it’s lady-like charm and dainty accouterments. And of course it’s the little details that set any party apart from the rest, and these “tea bag” DIY tea party favors are one of my favorite projects which does just that!
I made these “tea bags” to hold tea cookies and double as place card holders in these ideas for a little girls tea party I styled for a “party in a box” set. All you need is some scrapbook paper and basic crafting supplies to make them for a ladies luncheon, mother’s day, or little girls tea party.
Tea Bag Tea Party Favors
- Patterned scrapbook paper, size 8.5″ x 11″
- Bakers Twine
- Printable tea bag tag here
- Small oval shaped cookies
- Scissors, hole punch, double stick tape
- Using your cookie as a gauge, fold paper into thirds, lengthwise
- Fold one corner into a point
- Fold other corner into a point; Repeat on other end
- Now fold one end up to the other, leaving some space at the end, about 1/2 inch
- Repeat on opposite side leaving about 1/2 inch at the end. This will create a base for the tea bag to stand up on
- Open paper back up and place cookies inside as shown
- Close tea bag with cookies inside. Punch a hole in each pointed end of the bag, and the tag. Insert twine through tag and knot it at the ends.
- Pull twine through tea bag holes and back over tag. Pull snugly to secure tag to the tea bag.
NOTE: You can add a name tag as shown below, before pulling the twine through.
Place the tea bag favor in a tea cup to display.
Let me know if you make them, and what you think!