To continue with our Stars & Stripes theme for Memorial Day (or 4th of July), here are some serving suggestions for your weekend cookout. Star fruit is the ultimate garnish for these All-American holidays! P.S. These would also be perfect for a beachy/tropical/coastal theme!
- Wheather you serve kool-aid for the kids or more spirited concoctions for adults, dress up the glass with colored sugar, and stir sticks with fruit cut into star shapes.
- White corn chips, Blue corn chips, and Red salsa!
- Make the same old potato salad extra special by using red potatoes, white potatoes, and blue potatoes.
- Two perfect dessert choices! Whatever cake you serve, dress it up to look like the American flag with strawberries, and blueberries.
- If cupcakes are on the menu, make sure you stick a little flag pick(found at party stores) in each one.