With St. Patrick’s Day falling on a Saturday this year, it offers the perfect opportunity to host a dinner buffet with friends. I’ve put together some ideas from around the web that should inspire you to pull out something green, add some rainbows and gold, and have some fun. Whether you’re Irish or not St. Patrick’s day is always festive!
- Begin by sending or hand-delivering invitations using the idea above – Place gold coins in a cellophane bag along with the party details, and top with these printable toppers that read, “It’s your Lucky Day.” This is the first sign to your guests that this will be a fun party.
- Set up a simple table setting with various shades of green used in the table cloth, napkins and centerpiece.
- For a centerpiece or other decor, make these plant-filled beer mugs wrapped with FREE printable labels.
- Serve a casual buffet with food that everyone loves – burgers and potato salad are classic.
- For “entertainment” include a beer tasting session with a variety of Irish beers.
- For dessert, make some rainbow mini cupcakes and display them layered on a skewer as shown above. Let each guest pull the top one off to eat.
- If you invite kids, offer them green-tinted milk and Lucky Charms cereal snack cups!
- Send guests home with adorable rainbow & gold favors made up of Twizzlers and gold foiled chocolates. These are adorable!
All these ideas are super cute and easy to pull off. Even a novice entertainer can follow these suggestions and be successful. Cheers!