Wondering what to serve the masses at your next cocktail gathering? Here’s a tried-and-true recipe that should satisfy the taste buds as well as your need for prepping early and easily.
Sweet & Sour Chicken Cups
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2/3 cup jarred Sweet & Sour sauce (from Asian cooking section)
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 packages frozen filo cups
Saute red bell pepper and onion in the oil, over medium heat until tender.
Combine vegetable mixture with chicken, sweet & sour sauce, almonds, and soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Fill Filo cups with chicken mixture and bake for 8-10 minutes or until filling is hot.
This recipe can easily be doubled for a larger crowd.
TIP: You can use premium canned chicken for this recipe if you like.
These Sweet & Sour Chicken Cups are a delicious finger food. Prepare the filling ahead of time and then just scoop them into the filo cups when ready to bake and serve.