Find out how to create a cozy outdoor entertaining space with flowers and plants. You don’t need a degree in design to have a beautiful area for summer entertaining. A simple bistro table and chairs can become a hidden gem when you surround it with colorful flowers and carefree plants.
Create cozy outdoor entertaining using flowers and plants to dress up a small space. This is a great way to design a tiny little oasis whether you have a city courtyard, a small patio, or a lush suburban garden.
As you know, I’m working with the BHG Live Better network and I’m using annuals from their line at Walmart. Were you aware BHG sells flowers too? The flowers add color and help define our little table for two.
This is a wonderful place for you to enjoy a cold drink and light snack with a friend or spouse. Or maybe you just want to sit alone and read. Check out my ideas below.
Creating a Cozy Spot for Outdoor Entertaining
- I was inspired by the flowers themselves when I set up this sitting area. Pink, purple, yellow, and orange annuals ‘pop’ against the green backdrop of grass and trees.
- The annuals I used here are hot pink petunias, soft pink aloha tiki calibrachoa, purple aloha calibrachoa, and yellow gerbera daisies. I used some containers I already had and potted them so they look even more beautiful.
- Pre-designed planters are also a good route to take. They save you time and they take the guess work out of designing a display. One of my favorite summer plants is the majesty palm. Place it inside a large decorative planter that only LOOKS heavy, and you have height added to your space.
- To round out the decorative aspect of the space I added a couple of lanterns. They add more height and visual interest and can be lit with candles at sunset if you desire.
- This little bistro table and chairs is made more comfortable with pillows. I brought out my tangerine chenille swirls pillow and a pink one from my daughter’s room, and they can easily be taken indoors when you’re done outside.