These ideas for Dressing Up Your Drinks will take your tabletop or happy hour over the top. Next time you’re entertaining at home, try one of these simple ideas.
Dressing Up Your Drinks
- Stylish Stemware – wrap your glasses in a unique way using colored rubber bands, or thin ribbon. You can write guests names on the wide rubber bands for a fun drink marker. Thin colorful ribbons can be tied around the glass to add a pretty and festive look.
- Stir it up – Pretty drink stirrers are all the rage and you can make an organic version using wooden skewers and a wheel of fruit. Try lemons, limes, star fruit, oranges, or kiwi.
- Keep the bugs at bay – No need to worry about finding a fly floating in your summer sipper when you top it with an easy to make glass cover. Cut squares of translucent fabric or tulle and thread the corners into craft beads. The volume of the fabric you’ve pulled through will help keep the bead on. Make things even more convenient by cutting a tiny slit in the fabric, to insert a straw.
- Wrap it up – You’ve been wrapping water bottles for years now. This idea carries it a step further by wrapping glasses with a wide strip of fabric or paper, with a label to write names.
- “Fan”tastic addition – Paper fans, rosettes, and pinwheels are another great trend that finds it’s way into your glass. Craft your own stir stick with wooden skewers and coordinating paper.