Once again I’m popping in to share a few photos of Christmas decor we’ve got in the house this year. I went in a completely different direction from last year’s Christmas tree in gold and metallics, choosing blue and green with a touch of gold and pink inspired by my girls-night-in party. I think the addition of the peacock ribbon I found brings it all together.
Here are some highlights below…
- I added a mantel garland this year which doesn’t leave room for much else. I clipped on sparkly letters to spell “cheer” and hung it on an empty frame. Simple decor that took 5 minutes and zero dollars to create.
- The animal head that’s part of our family room art collage gets a Christmas touch with ribbon and small ornaments.
- My husband went to Germany for business several years ago, and brought me back this wooden Santa. I cherish the sentiment and I place him under this glass cloche along with a mini tree, each year.
- I went old school this year and hung Christmas cards down the wall that leads in to the family room and kitchen. It reminds me of my childhood when my parents would always tape them around a doorway.
- Here’s my chalkboard wall with the coffee bar set up, which I shared earlier.
- In the front sitting room I decided to cluster together 3 Christmas trees I have, of varying heights. They’re simply decorated in gold, silver, and white.
- I loved the colors and graphics of the Christmas card I received from Operation Shower so I placed it under another cloche in the sitting room.
- The kids decided to make gingerbread Christmas trees this year instead of houses, so I had to snap a couple of photos. My daughter went the traditional route, while my son decided to make 2 smaller trees instead of 1 large one.