Are your kids back to school yet? Well, around here school starts right after Labor Day and it’s pretty much bitter sweet. Happy to have my work days back to normal, but not so happy for the morning rush, homework, etc. This adorable school theme dessert table from Sweets Indeed might make it more bearable though! As usual Marie thinks of every possible detail and executes it to perfection. Read on for tips from Marie and FREE customizable labels as seen here!
“My mom is a teacher and I grew up playing school and helping her decorate bulletin boards. I truly believe that teachers are amongst the unsung heroes in our community. I wanted these stations to reflect the creative minds behind classroom learning and the fun that good educators have.
- The backdrop was made by covering a piece of foam core with corrugated packing paper. A TON of tissue poms, paper globes, and paper medallions were strategically placed on the top of the backdrop and covered a metal balloon arch for the kids table decor.
- We painted paper mache books and made cake stands out of them by putting a dowel through the middle. On the kids table, we left them open and filled them with treats. This was my favorite part of the table!
- Re-use cans and plastic containers by hot gluing crayons and pencils to the outside. They make the perfect jars to place lollipops, jelly belly crayons and other wrapped treats in.”
- “Adding little school themed details to the dessert items is a simple way to add character. We LOVE Vanilla Bake Shop and were thrilled to see the designs executed in a perfect way. I always thought book worms were adorable and loved how they turned out on the dessert shots. ABC blocks made of chocolate covered marshmallows, and our Sweet Skewers were more of the custom elements we added.
- The guests took home reusable lunch sacks and the best thing…they can be colored on with markers and crayons!”
Now, thanks to Sweets Indeed, you can download your own school themed labels for free, here. They are editable so you can insert the name of whatever treat you are serving, or even use them as name tags.
Happy Party Planning!