It’s that time of year – engagements are in the air! Here are 6 steps to a fun engagement party + I’ve teamed up with Evite to let you know about their wedding collection. This is an Evite paid post.
He’s popped the question, family and friends have been informed, and now it’s time to plan the engagement party. You want it to be special and reflect the couple since it’s the first official presentation as an engaged pair. Bring in some fun to this special night by incorporating these latest trends.
6 Steps to a fun engagement party:
- Engagement photos on display – Engagement photography is so important in today’s world, and sessions can be simple and sweet, or artistic and stylized. Whatever you decide to do with your true love, make sure you have the photos on display at your wedding parties leading up to the big day. You can also share them with the world and each other by creating a hashtag specific to you and your events, on social media.
- Statement party decor – There was a time, not too long ago, that balloons, streamers, and Mylar fringe were considered passe or tacky in chic grown-up parties. Not anymore! They’ve made a comeback in a BIG way thanks to some creative and modern display methods. Use these inexpensive party props to decorate your space, by layering, layering, and layering! Use banners, balloons, tassels, fans, and honeycomb balls to pimp that party.
- Cheers to the bubbly bar – A celebration like an engagement demands some sparkling wine to toast to the bride- and groom-to-be. Whether it’s Champagne, Prosecco or a California sparkling wine, make it a focal point and/or create a signature drink for the night using it.
- Mini party food – You should know by now that mini foods, appetizers, and hors d’oeuvres are my favorite food group. They are a festive solution to feeding your crowd and are more budget friendly than a sit-down dinner. Presentation is everything when it comes to small bites. Caterers do a great job at this but if you’re doing it yourself, remember fresh herb garnishes or edible flowers can do wonders to highlight the platters.
- Something unexpected – It’s always fun to throw in something unexpected at a party. It becomes a conversation starter, a focal point to the night, or just a fun and unique memory in the end. Why not incorporate the latest trend in desserts and display a donut wall! They’re super easy to create using good ole fashioned peg boards and pegs. Your guests will love how form meets function in the most stylish way.
- Photo booth – It’s still going y’all! Photo booths and props have been one of the most popular creations in events over the past 8 years, and it shows no signs of stopping. It works particularly well for an engagement party where all of your closest family and friends are together celebrating the couple for the first time. Make sure you set up a fun designated area to capture those memories. At the very least you can hang a fringe curtain from the party store, or a large sheet for a backdrop. Printable props are readily available online, or collect hats, boas, and oversize “diamond” rings for the occasion.
For all the special celebrations leading up to the wedding, check out Evites vast collection of invitations. From engagement parties, to bridal showers, to bachelorette parties, they’ve got you covered!
Newly engaged couples have entered Evite’s #NearTheKnot photo contest for a chance to be featured on a Premium wedding invitation, PLUS the winning couple receives an all-expenses paid “Date Night”, a complete Premium invitation suite designed for their wedding events (Save the Date, Wedding, and Thank Yous) and one year of free Premium invitations for events leading up to the wedding.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE now through February 7, 2017. Good luck! CLOSED