You’ll find A Year of Dinner Party Ideas right here. From holidays to special occasions to ‘no reason at all’ I’ve got you covered with tablescapes, ideas, menus, and recipes.
Happy New Year friends! Before we get started into all new content for 2018 I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back at all the fun dinner party ideas we shared last year.
My goal last year was to create complete party plans for each month, that would encourage you to bring back the art of the dinner party. It seems like it’s become too much of a “burden” in today’s world and I think we should change that outlook! With that in mind I tried to give you tablescapes, ideas, and menu plans with recipes for each month of the year. Take a look at each one I’ve linked below, along with a few bonus ones too!
A Year of Dinner Party Ideas
- To kick off the year we created a Chinese themed dinner to celebrate the Chinese New Year. The convenient thing about this was that we served Chinese take out to make it super simple! If you’re not in the mood for take-out, this cozy soup dinner party is a fantastic way to spend an evening!
- In February it was time to celebrate with a Mardi Gras party, but not in a wild, kitschy way. This party was inspired by our trip to New Orleans and the fantastic food we had there.
- On to the next holiday with an Irish themed dinner party for St. Patrick’s Day. By March I’m always getting a little cabin fever and ready to do something fun, so this dinner party theme is perfect for that.
- With April comes Easter and who doesn’t want to enjoy a beautiful Easter tablescape for brunch with family or friends? For holiday gatherings like this, we love to host potluck style so everyone gets to pitch in and bring a favorite dish. However I do have some favorite recipes included.
- May brings so many chances to entertain, and a ladies luncheon for Mother’s Day is just one of them. This one has lots of pretty details! Of course you could also host a Mexican Fiesta dinner party for Cinco De Mayo, because who doesn’t love Mexican food?
- June is the official start of summer so a brightly colored summer dinner party tablescape & menu were in order. This one has a few easy diy’s and tasty recipes.
- The days are long in July so a sunset supper was the perfect party to host at the edge of dark. The vibe is relaxed and casual with an invitation to linger. However, if you’re more in the mood to celebrate the 4th of July then this red, white & blue dinner party may be in order.
- One of my favorite dinner party ideas came in August as we see the merging of summer and fall influence. This late summer party with iced tea bar is filled with pretty inspiration and a pretty menu to match.
- For September I wanted to create something that would be apropos for any girls gathering. It’s the time of year I get together with my own longtime girlfriends and celebrate our birthdays together. The ideas can also be applied throughout the year for bridal showers, or other occasions as this celebration tablescape with floor seating can be set up indoors or out depending on the weather.
- As we head into the holiday months, we have a Halloween themed dinner party in black….a black & white tablescape for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving….and a red & white Christmas tablescape for brunch. All are perfectly suited and themed for the respective holiday and give you lots of inspiration for entertaining.
There’s something so satisfying about sitting down to a pretty table among friends, and eating and drinking until our heart’s content. Let the wine, conversation, and laughter flow!
How do you feel about hosting a dinner party? Too much work or a great way to spend time with people?