This picnic photo shoot photographed by Simply Rosie Photography will have you ready to pack your basket and set up a table in the park or in your own back yard.
Perfect for a casual family gathering or bridal shower, this picnic infuses vintage touches which add comfort and a desire to sit and linger all afternoon. The classic colors of red and white are the perfect base for the mason jars, wild flowers, and retro linens used throughout.
As beautiful as this picnic is, there’s nothing here that you couldn’t re-create your self:
- Lay fabric straight from the bolt onto the table for a runner.
- Fill mason jars and bottles with wild flowers. Keep them all one color for this look.
- Instead of a menu card or board, place printed flags in the centerpiece bottles. Each flag has a different item from the menu printed on it.
- Use scraps of fabric to make a rag banner, and retro style handkerchiefs or other kitchen linens to make a complementary bunting. I love the contrast of the 2 styles together!
- I LOVE the creative use of mason jar lids used to make “place cards.” They are used the same way an embroidery ring would be, but the lids are far more unexpected and interesting in this design. If you don’t feel confident sewing simple stitches for each name, you can use fabric markers or iron-on transfers instead.
- Serve Sangria in jars and dress up the straw with a small fabric tie. Get Sangria recipe here.
- Serve layered ice cream sundaes in mason jars as well. Tie on a spoon with bakers twine for easy grabbing. If you serve more than 1 flavor, add a printed tag to show which is which.