Enjoy a Simple Celebration at Home with a light luncheon, easy tablescape, and delicious dessert! It’s time to invite those pals over, and celebrate birthdays, job promotions, or life achievements. You’ll find easy tips here, just in time for National Ice Cream Month (July). This post is sponsored by I Love Ice Cream Cakes, but all ideas and content are my own.
Once we become adults we tend to celebrate birthdays by the decade, not the year. After we hit 21, it’s all about the “zeros,” right! Here’s a way to get together with friends or family and have a simple celebration at home to commemorate all those years in between. It’s also great inspiration for a simple party that recognizes special events in life like job promotions, a new home, personal achievements, etc.
I teamed up with I Love Ice Cream Cakes because it’s ALWAYS a good idea to celebrate with ice cream cake! When I celebrate my birthday with the family it’s always my cake of choice, so this was a logical fit. And speaking of birthdays, I just had mine in June and it really inspired this celebration party idea. While we had a small group of friends over for a Sunday champagne brunch, I realized this casual and intimate setting was one of my favorite birthdays. No pomp and circumstance of the “zeros” could outdo it!
The ideas here are perfect for a ladies luncheon, a mother’s day or father’s day gathering, a family supper, or almost anything in between!
PIN this post
Simple Celebration At Home
For this party I wanted a table that’s easy to put together yet still festive and celebratory. I went with a color scheme that pops! by combining black & white, and yellow.
- Sometimes all you need to create a “look” is colored fabric. The only yellow I used in the setting is the tablecloth, but since it covers a large area it looks like more. This is a great “trick” to fool the eye into seeing more color.
- A combination of black and white dishes and napkins gives this celebration table a bold, graphic look. The plates with dots are from Target; the white bowls were found at HomeGoods, and the black dessert plates are from Walmart.
- Each place setting gets a confetti-filled push pop. Just wrap it with color coordinating scrapbook paper to match the table.
- A pretty mix of flowers is set in mini vases and woven into the tablescape as more of an accent than as a “centerpiece.” This allows the food to take center stage while still adding life to the table.
- Speaking of food, I made a fantastic Thai noodles with shrimp recipe which makes for a terrific light lunch. You could include this salad from my sunset supper if you like, add a tasty cheese plate and you’re all set.
- For dessert, I picked up an OREO® Ice Cream Cake from a Walmart store here in Richmond. It’s delicious, convenient, and the colors even fit into the tabletop color scheme! It’s basically OREO® ice cream with whipped cream & cookie crumbs, which is one flavor EVERYone can agree on. It only takes a few minutes to soften just enough to cut into and serve.
- Of course you can always serve a bottle of bubbly to really get the party started, or mix up a signature cocktail like a gin & ginger zing.
And there you have it – a simple celebration at home! Don’t wait for a chance to entertain your loved ones. Make any occasion a celebration!…and don’t forget your ice cream cake!
To learn more about I Love Ice Cream Cakes’ many frozen desserts and see what’s available in your area, visit ILoveIceCreamCakes.com. If you join their Crunchie Club, you’ll get coupons, party tips, birthday surprises and more. Be sure to grab this $3 off coupon for select cakes for your next soiree!