This pumpkin carving party will inspire you with lots of photos and ideas to host your own Halloween gathering. See food, diy’s, decor and more.
The time has come to share my Grumpy Cat themed pumpkin carving party that I did for Friskies and Pet Smart. All month I’ve posted some easy DIY’s that I used in the party, and today you can see how I pulled it all together. The inspiration was the Grumpy Cat carving stencil which we used to carve our own “Grump-o-lantern” for Halloween.
It was fun to sit and chat with the neighbors while carving our pumpkins, and the kids enjoyed the snack table I set up. I didn’t go overboard with food since it was in the middle of the afternoon, but did offer some themed sweets and treats.
Also, I’ve never used a stencil to carve a pumpkin before so it was a bit of a learning experience. In fact, my neighbor cut his first and had a mishap with some of the thinner areas. TIP: You definitely need the pick and fine saw tools to carve this pumpkin, as well as the scraping tool. You can see how my “grumpkin” turned out and all the rest, below.
Pumpkin Carving Party Details:
- The food was easy to put together. Kettle corn & candy corn, and cat cookies & mice candies. It wasn’t until I’d completed the cat cookies that I realized I should have given them a Grumpy Cat frown instead of a traditional mouth. Epic Fail – Uhggg!
- I served traditional apple cider along with these “eyeballs,” and green punch with the ghost stir sticks here.
- Favors for the kids were “kitty kibble,” and Grumpy Cat buttons.
- Nature is the best decoration for this party. Pumpkins, mums, and small hay bales set the tone for any Autumn party. A few Halloween props like owls, ravens, and witches brooms gives just enough “scare” factor.
- You can see my Grumpy pumpkin I’ve placed on my porch all ready for Friday night. How cool is that!
Sign up for the latest via Email
This post is in partnership with Pet Smart & Friskies. All opinions, ideas, photos are my own. See more information about styling services and how I work with brands here.