I get so excited to watch the awards shows this time of year, and hosting a viewing party with a popcorn bar is a great way to share the experience with friends. I set up this one to share on Homes.com, and I think it turned out super cute!
The idea here was to provide several flavors of popcorn, both sweet and salty, and include some “add-ins” that you can sprinkle into your popcorn box. The combination of flavors takes this popcorn bar up a notch, and you can get as creative as you want.
A few decorative styling details like movie reel, clapboard, and directors megaphone make this snack bar perfect for any movie themed party too. All these items can be found online or at your local party store. See all the details below, and for a more adult version check out this popcorn & champagne dessert bar.
The Popcorn Bar
- Cheddar Cheese
- Classic Butter
- Kettle Corn
- Chocolate Chunk mix with pretzels & potato chips
- Butter Toffee
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Hot Spicy Peanuts
- Black & White M&M’s
These are some of my favorite flavor combos:
- cheddar + butter toffee – that sweet and salty mix is surprisingly delicious!
- chocolate chunk + spicy peanuts – that touch of heat pairs so well with the chocolate.
- kettle corn + honey roasted peanuts – the sweeter, the better!
- The kids of course, loved the m&m’s mixed into everything!