I’ve got a quick and easy idea for you today, and it’s going to appeal to all the “sweet & salty” lovers. It’s these super easy chocolate drizzled potato chips.
These were originally seen here, but sometimes an idea is so good it just needs to have a space of its own, so it gets recycled and re-introduced. There’s not a lot to explain here, but I will give you some tips on how I created mine.
Chocolate Drizzled potato chips
- I used Kettle brand Krinkle Cut™ salt & pepper potato chips. I really think they’re the best tasting and texture, for this application especially.
- I used dark chocolate to drizzle. My go-to melting chocolate is Sephra, a brand that’s made specifically for fondue. I use it because it tastes great and melts beautifully. I also use it for dipping brownie pops, cheesecake pops, or strawberries, etc.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, using low heat.
- Lay a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet pan.
- Spread potato chips out in a single layer on the wax paper.
- When chocolate is melted, use a spoon to drizzle it in a zig-zag pattern over chips.
- Place sheet pan with chips in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes so the chocolate can set up.
- Remove chips, and enjoy at room temperature.
These are a terrific snack in the afternoon, or would be a nice little take home treat for guests after a party. You can make them as sweet as you like by adjusting the amount of chocolate you drizzle over top. I like mine to be very evenly balanced – not too sweet. And of course, you can use milk chocolate too, if you prefer.